"I Promise."

Shin's P.O.V

*9:30 am*

Waking up, I can feel the slight grip of Daso's arm around my waist. Careful to not wake him up, I slowly untangle myself from him and head downstairs to the kitchen. Putting two slices of bread into the toaster, I begin to brew coffee.

* 5-minute time skip*

When coffee is done, I grab a mug and start pouring. Afterward, I grab the almond milk and add it in. Finishing up, I put the toast on a plate and head to the dining room. As I sit down, my brother Kaname enters the room.

"Morning, Shinjiro."

"Good morning."

"I'm heading out, alright. And mom has already left. She decided to go into work early today and won't be back until later this evening."

"Okay, thanks for letting me know. I think me and Daisuke will run some errands later this morning."

"Daisuke?"

"Ah, yes. He's a friend of mine from school. I invited him over earlier this morning. I had another nightmare."

"The nightmare?"

"Yeah..."

Within seconds Kaname is holding me tightly.

"I'm glad you were able to get ahold of him. Tell him I said thank you."

"I will."

"Anyways, I'm gonna head out. I won't be back until tomorrow morning. So if you need anything text or call me. Okay."

"Okie dokie!"

With that, we say our goodbyes and away he goes. Still sitting at the table, I finish my toast and continue to drink my coffee. Getting up, I decide to go sit out on the porch. While relaxing outside, I can hear the birds sing, the lively noises of the city, and feel the slight breeze on my face.

*30 minute time skip*

Hearing the dor open, I turn around and see Daso.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Good morning to you too, Shin."

"How'd you sleep?"

"I slept great. Did you...perhaps...get any sleep after your nightmare?"

"I did actually, thank you. I'm glad you came."

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, no one else would if I tried to contact them."

"That's fucked up. Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to come out so suddenly."

"It's okay, there's no need to apologize. I completely understand why you would say that."

"...Anyways, what do you want to do today, since we have all the time in the world."

"Oh! I was hoping we could go run some errands and then possibly get some coffee if that's okay."

"Sounds like a plan."

Smiling, I finish my current cup of coffee and start to head inside as Daso follows behind. Putting the mug in the sink, we both head upstairs to my room to get ready. Being indecisive, I ask Daso for his opinion.

"Let me see what I can do."

Laughing, he walks over to my closet and pulls out a short sleeved white button-down, along with a brown sweater. Then proceeds to look through my pants. Moments later, he pulls out my dark beige suit-like pants.