Sophie Foster is Superman?

In the year 1938 Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster decided to create a hero that would change the world. Everyone would come to know that name Clark Kent at some point in their lives, and his superhero alter-ego: Superman. From there, many companies thought making movies and TV shows would be a good idea. That's why on the year 2001 Alfred Gough and Miles Millar thought to create a TV show about Superman's everyday life. This show, however, would not be the expected one. It had a little twist into getting to know our almost god-like favorite alien superhero. We would not know who Superman was, but Clark Kent. This show is known today as Smallville- the name of the city Clark Kent grew up on. 

Smallville had great success, with 10 season of 20-24 episodes each season. It went into detail on who Clark Kent was, what he stood for, and how he became the great hero we know as today. 

A couple of months ago, the CW released a new series called "Superman and Lois", I was about to watch it when I decided Smallville would be a better choice if I wanted to know Superman- and I was right. I learned about Clark's hopes, dreams, crushes, secrets, and everything else that you would need to know about a superhero to-be who's in his freshman year of high school. 

In case you don't know much about it, Clark's real name (his Kryptonian name) is Kal-El. He is an alien that was sent to Earth before his planet- Krypton- was destroyed, in an attempt to save him. Martha and Jonathat Kent found him in his spaceship, and took care of him as if he were their own. He grew up with them on their farm and was raised as a human. Then, when it was time, his parents revealed his true identity. He also was provided with superpowers that came under being in the light of the yellow sun. Powers like heat vision, x-ray vision, super speed, telepathy, flying, super breath (I don't know what to call it but he can freeze stuff with his breath lol), super hearing, amongst other things were provided. But Jor-El (his birth father) knew that the yellow sun would provide him with all these new abilities, and he wanted Clark to have perspective. He had a bigger purpose and destiny for Clark, which was to use these powers to save humanity from whatever threat that might come their way. He knew it would be a big responsibility for him, but he thought it was the best. So he sent him to Earth with a purpose set already. 
Jor-El also gave Clark guidance through what he called "The Fortress of Solitude", where his father's knowledge was stored to help Clark through anything. 

Growing up Clark had a best friend and first girlfriend- Lana Lang. But they didn't work out. So he moved out of Smallville into Metropolis. There, Clark became a journalist on the newspaper "The Daily Planet", where he met the woman he was going to marry- Lois Lane. Then, he became Superman, creating a life-saving alter-ego. Clark Kent by day, and Superman by night. Then he went on to join/create a league to fight against the threats of Metropolis: The Justice League. 

Now, why am I talking about Superman on a KOTLC book? Let me explain. Sophie Foster was created for a purpose. She was supposed to have perspective on the elves by living with humans, so she'd help save the elves from themselves. She was provided with a number of special abilities that no other elf had. She had constant guidance in her life by the person (or people considering Mr. Forkle turned out to be 2 different people) who created her. She had a fling with her first sweetheart but that didn't work out. She joined a group to fight against the threats that were attacking The Lost Cities. She keeps everything to herself, being very secretive and only telling her secret to the people she 100% trusts (which isn't an easy thing to do). She also was almost a completely different person when she was living with humans, almost like an alter-ego...

If you've caught up to me with my ideas, then I have some theories for you. Assuming Shannon Messenger DID get inspiration for Sophie Foster from Clark Kent/Superman, then there's a couple of things that could happen. 

Disclaimer: I haven't read any Superman comic books so I might be getting some things wrong, so bear with me if that happens. 

1- Sophie ending up with Keefe. This one is pretty much a guarantee without the whole Superman theory, given what's been happening in the story, but let's pretend for a second it isn't. Clark met Lois after meeting Lana. Lois thought Clark was a very mysterious guy, since he always kept disappearing, and she always felt like there was another side of Clark Kent she hadn't seen. Nevertheless, Lois was always willing to be there for Clark and help him with whatever he needed. Sound familiar?
 I've been rereading the series (still on book 1, though), and I've noticed a lot of similarities between Clark and Sophie- which is how I came up with the idea of this chapter in the first place. Keefe has always thought Sophie was mysterious and secretive. His nickname for her was even Mysterious Ms. F (which funny enough, Lois gives Clark nicknames all the time too)! However, Keefe never minded not knowing Sophie's secrets because he knew Sophie would tell him when she was comfortable, and always cared for her even then. 
Another thing is that Clark's first love was in high school- Lana Lang. They seemed perfect on paper but when they got together it felt like something was missing. There was something off- it was too perfect. It seemed meant to be but Lana and Clark didn't work out. Then Clark moved and discovered Lois, who was very different from Lana but attractive (in every sense, not just physical) to him nonetheless. Lois was always chasing stories, being playful, giving Clark nicknames (like Smallville because that's where he's from), but being intrepid and many times even impulsive. Which was the complete opposite from Clark. That made a perfect balance between adventure and wisdom.
The same thing happens in Sophie and Keefe's case, in my opinion. Sophie tried to make it work with Fitz but it just didn't work. It's not that they didn't try, but the circumstances just weren't right. Then, even if Keefe wasn't the first person she liked/loved, Sophie found/is finding a way to see him in more of a romantic light than just her sidekick. Keefe is intrepid, playful, he loves to tease Sophie and is impulsive sometimes. Sophie, on the other hand, overthinks things, tries to see everything in a serious light, worries a lot and doubts her decisions once made. Even being so opposite Sophie and Keefe would work perfectly. And as Lois and Clark ended up being endgame, I think Sophie and Keefe will also be. 

2- Sophie's death. In the comics, or in the story, Clark has died by the hand of one of his biggest enemies. Doomsday. In the show Smallville Clark died because of General Zod, but it works either way since Clark always dies. There's the iconic image of Superman's cape in the air all ripped apart after he's died. The world has no hope. Until someone resurrects him. In the 2017 and 2020 movie "Justice League" it was them who brought Superman back to life, but it varies on who does it. 
If I'm right and Sophie's origin is slightly inspired by Superman, then Sophie is going to die at some point. I'm guessing The Black Swan would find a way to bring her back from the dead, but she would die nevertheless. My theory is that there will be a Neverseen battle in which Vespera (the woman whose idea of success is being ruthless) ends up killing Sophie in order to send the message to The Black Swan that their precious Moonlark is gone. Then, they would take her to their hideout and find a way to bring her back. In which she comes back and wins the battle once and for all. 

Those were basically the main ideas I had on this- but since I don't have much knowledge on Superman's actual history besides Smallville (it has its own plot so I can't apply it to this theory), I can't theorize much more. 

If you know Superman's story then do please tell me your theories on how it can be linked to Sophie and everyone else. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it took me a while so I'd appreciate if you voted or shared. 

ALSO! If you don't already know, Shannon postponed the releasing of book 9 until fall of 2022, which is sad, but I have good news! My dear friend  squishmallow09 is writing a fanfic on what she thinks will be book 9, and I can guarantee it's good because she's a very talented writer! So click on her name and look for the book called "Stellarlune", you won't be disappointed ;)

Until the next one, 

Kitty