00 | prologue

" Miss Park , this is your order of matcha milk tea ."

The (h/c) haired woman walked towards the counter , her loose black scarf swaying with every step she took. 
     " Ah , thank you ," she said with a sweet smile , quickly taking the cold beverage , careful not to make any eye or skin contact.
The bartender stared at her oddly , with distaste visible in her mortal eyes. She glanced down at a note in her hand , and at a newly prepared beverage.

    " Mr. Park , this is your order of iced black tea," she called out , and a man dressed in black went to the counter to fetch his drink.

   'Miss Park' glanced at her fellow colleagues , who were standing outside the store , each sipping a beverage of choice.

    " Is everyone here ?" she voiced out.

     " Yes , Chief ! " they all said in unison . They swiftly slipped on the black hats that they had been carrying , and the moment the hat touched their hair , each and every one of them became invisible.
     " We will receive the name cards shortly. And just a little reminder , it'll be a long night ," 'Miss Park' smirked.

Itachi stared at Konoha's nightscape , a light breeze flowing through his hair through the open window. 
He had just closed a deal with the Terumi Corps , a famed shipping company hailing from Kirigakure. He had a bright future awaiting him - an intelligent mind , a kind soul , an influential background and mouthwatering good looks.

He was that perfect.

It was arguably impossible to find a flaw on Uchiha Itachi , the man desired by the whole female population in the Five Great Countries. 
The red light flashed to green , and Itachi pressed the car pedal , ready to continue his journey.

He didn't notice the tanker , that was driving at a dangerously fast pace. In the opposite direction. 

" There are so many ! What kind of catastrophe can occur tonight ?" 

'Miss Park' glanced at the coworkers grimly , holding a bundle of name cards in her own hands.

    " The location is the red light district . You all should go there now ," she said to them , who consisted mostly of new recruits and novices , but she trusted them to do the job alright.

    " What about you , Chief ? " a man with matching black attire like the rest of them , but had too bright red hair asked.

      " I'm assigned to somewhere else. I trust all of you to do well though. If any of you need help , you can find me at the east intersection ."

They all nodded , and teleported away to where they had been assigned to.

'Miss Park' analyzed the name cards , a bitter feeling welling up in the pits of her being. 

     ' A mass car crash , it seems.'

She buttoned up her black blazer , and fixed her black tie. She made sure that her shoes were clean and shining , and that the black hat on her head was placed in the correct , most attractive angle.

    Once all that was done , she teleported.

When she arrived , the asphalt road in front of her was littered with remnants of cars , broken glass , and dead bodies.

She swallowed , hard, while approaching the first soul she laid her eye on.

    " Yuki Fujibayashi , aged 24. Born on 19 August 1993 , died on 12:01 am , 10 September 2017. Cause of death is severe internal bleeding. Is that you ?" 

The woman turned around , a silvery glow surrounding her being.
     " Yes.."

'Miss Park' pursed her lips as she held her hand out , and exuded a dark and mysterious , yet not evil aura . It slowly crawled onto the soul , and seconds later , the soul was gone.

   " One down.  More to go."

There were quite a lot that perished that night , no matter what age and status. She reached the final name card , and she took the card out of its black envelope. 

Uchiha Itachi
Aged 23
Born on 9 June 1994
Died on 10 September 2017 at 12:10 am
Cause of death is fatal blood loss.

She felt extremely queasy after reading the card , and was on the verge of hyperventilation. She had no idea who Itachi was , but the thought of him dead was intensely depressing to her.

'Miss Park' glanced around , searching for the final soul. She couldn't find him. That was when she heard a loud , sudden breathing coming from the car behind her.

And right there, she saw him .

Blood was streaming down his face , and his mouth was dribbling with the same substance. 

She felt her cold heart beginning to beat , so intensely . She quickly held a hand over her chest , her face scrunching up from the sudden sensation. 

    ' I feel so alive ..'

However, seeing him like that hurt her. Out of all people , she shouldn't be the one to meddle in mortal lives. But she wanted to. She needed to.

Rip !

The name card lay down at the bottom of her feet , now in shreds. She tore off the car's door , and dragged the man out , trying not to whimper from seeing the amount of blood that was flowing from his body.

She laid Itachi down on the ground , and summoned her otherworldly power , unheard even within her social circle.

     " Shh.. You'll be alright ," she soothed when Itachi let out a fit of coughs , and his breathing grew even weaker.
A blinding white light coated the both of her hands , and she pressed it down on Itachi's chest .

His body began to glow , and the cuts on his body rapidly healed. His skin that had been terrifyingly pale earlier was back to normal , even with a healthy pinkish glow to accompany it.

His breathing grew steady as his fingers began to twitch , along with his facial features. 'Miss Park' started to stand up , but then she felt a hand grasping her covered arm.

    " Who are you ?"he rasped . Her eyes widened , shocked at his ability to see her. 

That was when she saw her black hat , flown away by the wind , several metres away from her.

    " Uh.. No one ! Just go back to sleep dearie !" she replied , rather desperately , for she wanted to leave immediately.

     " Are you an angel ?" Itachi chuckled softly. This made a small smile twinge on her lips.

      " That's.. The most cliched thing I ever heard . I'm not an angel ,though . I'm a grim reaper."