The Vision

It was late afternoon when Maverick had the vision. It was completely unexpected. He hadn't had one in three years. He'd been going over his Wiccan studies when his eyesight went blurry. At first, he just had flashes of vision. Two men. Running. But moving faster than humanly possible. Suddenly Maverick's head began to ache. The pain grew more intense. He let out a cry as he fell to the floor clutching his head as if that would scare the pain away. Then it happened. Maverick was no longer in his house. He was standing in the forest about a few days' journey from his home and the town he lived in. The two men came zooming around the corner stopping in the open space. That's when Maverick realized who they were. Kairo and Logan were vampire outlaws. Of course to the human world, they were just two men but to the supernatural world, they were on everyone's most wanted. Kairo was slightly shorter than Logan and had black hair. Logan had long blonde hair that almost covered his ocean blue eyes. Out of the two, Logan was the dangerous one. He'd torn towns apart and spilled more blood than most vampires across the country. He'd broken every vampire law. Kairo was the unfortunate one. He'd met Logan long before he'd discovered his evil side. He'd grown attached to his best friend and despite many threats, he'd always stuck by his side. Maverick met Kairo when he'd first been turned into a vampire. But Logan he'd met only three years ago. They'd been in deep trouble and came to Maverick for a Wiccan's help. And now they're back. In Maverick's vision. With blood all over them. They were looking at themselves as if looking to see if they'd been followed. "We can stay here tonight," said Kairo. Logan looked around and scoffed "you're joking right?" but Kairo ignored him, clearly annoyed. He pulled off the backpack he was wearing and started pulling out a sleeping bag. "What's your problem?" asked Logan, not helping with the sleeping arrangements. Kairo stood up quickly. He looked furious. "Where do I start? Every town we go to you have to create a bloodbath. You leave a trail of dead bodies for hunters to track us with" He was shouting now as he took a few steps towards Logan. "We are running out of places that we can go, Logan. We're gonna end up dead" Kairo turned his back on him and went back to the sleeping bags. Logan just shrugged, barely bothered by what Kairo had said to him. "That's why we're here to see Maverick ain't it?" he replied in a lazy voice. Kairo rolled his eyes "what makes you think he's gonna help us? After all, you've done?". Logan sat down next to Kairo and started to help. "We'll see," he said.

The vision went blurry and Maverick's eyesight came back. He looked down at his desk and saw his Wiccan studies. Once again he rubbed his eyes trying to recover. The two most dangerous vampires were in town And they were coming to see him.