comic store.

chapter 8

tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear slowly, i indulge more into the comic book than i did just a minute ago.

i've always loved comic books, especially horror ones filled with blood and gore and all that graphic stuff.

so here i am, sat in a comic book store, with my head down, chewing on my fingernails.

"you're kidding? they don't have the last one? fuck" a voice interrupts my thoughts, a deep one laced with annoyance. i decide to not glance up, it would be rude to eavesdrop.

"you don't have it in the back or..." the voice speaks again, but this time it's more familiar.

"lana?" a tall boy stands in front of me, curly-haired and plump lips.

"what are you doing here?" he clears his throat, as i stand up from the seat to be eye level with him.

"i could ask you the same question, vincent" his eyes avert to the ground.

"i- i'm trying to find this comic for my sister" he blurts out, scratching the back of his neck.

he's wearing a hoodie and sweats, same as i am.

"you don't have a sister" i remind him, and he groans.

"okay okay, it's for myself. but enough about me, why are you here? you read these comics too?" he questions, and i nod.

"ever since i was kid. i would have to sneak these into my school bag because my mom would-"

"blah blah, you're rambling" he interrupts me rudely, pushing the auburn curls out of his forehead.

"so you're back to the old vincent huh?" i sit back down, as he takes the seat on the beanbag opposite me.

"one, it's vinnie. and two, there's no 'old vincent' i'm always the same" he states.

"if you say so, vincent" i chuckle to myself, watching as he gets more pissed off by the second.

"is that book three of the deadly horror series?" he questions, examining the comic's front cover.

"yes, you know it?" i'm very much surprised to see vinnie here, and even more surprised to know he knows literally my favourite thing ever.

"of course i do, i haven't read it yet though, i've heard it's the best in the trilogy." he says, and my eyes bulge out. i can't believe what i'm hearing.

"i guess you could read it after i'm done with it?" i chuckle nervously, feeling heat rise up in my cheeks.

"no thanks, i'll just wait until the next shipping comes through" he stands, as i clutch onto the strings of my hoodie due to anxiousness.

did i say something wrong? why do i feel like this? this feeling of confusion consumes me and i'm left standing in the middle of the reading corner like an idiot.

-

vinniehacker made a post!

liked by lana.jane and 86,090 others
vinniehacker she's the only one on my mind

view 76,209 comments

user349 WHO TF-

vinnieluvr bro why

vinislove VINCENT WHO ARE YOU TALKING BOUT
- vinismine me ofc

aaronhull oh
- vinniehacker yes

welovevin um no WE LOST OUR CHANCE
- audrey1 what chance lol

vinvin um can someone pls explain why everyone's going crazy
- vin47 i'm pretty sure he likes someone but idk who

viinnn12 oh no

user5 respectfully rail me vinie
- vinniehacker you spelt my name wrong

-

"oh my fucking god!" minah gapes at me, twisting her phone around in her hand to show me what's displayed on the screen.

"what?" i pick at my fingernails, getting impatient.

"did you see vinnie's post?" i gaze at the small screen, anylysing it in search for anything that could possibly make my as shocked as she was.

"what?"

"do you not see the caption?" she slicks a piece of her long raven hair behind her ear, outlining her beautifully accentuated features.

"yes i see the caption"

"read. it" i sigh, rubbing my forehead impatiently.

"i've read it, minah" i reply.

"and this doesn't mean anything to you?" her lips curve up but my expression remains the same.

"nope" i smile when i see audrey and the others making their way towards us.

"she's the only one on my mind. you're the only one on his mind!"

"you're joking right?"

"he's obviously talking about you!"

"vincent hacker doesn't not... like me."

"so who else could he possibly be talking about?"

"i don't know... anyone else?"

"you're clueless, you know that?" minah says, rolling her eyes.