Prologue: A True Love's Deception

'I don't love you...'

Noah was walking slowly to the aisle, while his anxious heart was filled with doubts.

'I'm sure you already know...'

As he walked further, his impeccable white tuxedo shone under the colorful glass mirror of Saint Peter's Church, but his heart grew even more desperate.

'But why? Why are you doing this to me and yourself?'

Under the white-mesh veil, he could see clearly the man he's going to marry. Standing tall, waiting for him next to the priest.

Soon after he arrived at the altar, the groom smiled suavely and whispered, "You're looking beautiful, baby."

The bride didn't answer, he just stared coldly at the most handsome man in the room.

Breaking the awkward silence, the priest began to speak, "Drake Silvermoon, would you take this man as your wife, for—"

"Just cut the crap, father!" Drake yelled impatiently to the priest, which made the old man stutter in fear, "I don't have time for that!"

The groom then turned toward his future wife, "Noah, from now on, you will be my wife, live with me forever for the rest of your life!"

Noah smiled coldly to hear that, "Is that an order or a threat?" he stared at the big muscular man with a blank expression.

"Whatever you want to call it baby, all I want you to say is 'I do,' okay?"

Noah snorted and looked Drake right into his eyes, "What if I say no?"

In response, Drake leaned closer to the bride's ear with a sly expression, "Then you know what I'm going to do if you refuse?" an impish grin slipped on his lip, "have you forgotten our agreement?"

Noah clenched his fist, "You've tricked me Drake..." his face reddened from anger, "You lied to me..." he knew that he was bound to an unholy arrangement with the Alpha of Silvermoon pack, which made him couldn't escape from his cruel fate.

"I'll do everything to make you mine, Noah..." Drake took his chin and stared at Noah passionately, "I love you... I can't live without you..."

Noah did not reply, he only kept staring at Drake's blue piercing eyes, hoping that the strong alpha still had a conscience in his heart.

But no... Noah couldn't find anything close to that. The one standing in front of him is nothing but a selfish-cunning monster.

Since Noah kept silent, the priest then interrupted, "So, what is the bride's answer?"

'I don't love you... I don't love you... I don't love you...' he replied the words over and over in his head.

And after five minutes of silence, the bride then finally answered, "I do!"

Drake smiled in relief and soon leaned closer to kiss the bride, "I love you, Noah..." he whispered before sealing his lip on the bride.

The bride didn't know that the groom had prepared a magic pentacle drawn on the wedding altar and hidden under the red carpet

Soon after the bride agreed to marry the groom, the magic pentacle began to shine.

Noah gasped, his eyes opened wide while they were still kissing, 'Drake, what have you done?'

Drake opened his eyes while still kissing his bride intensely, 'from now on, you cannot escape me, Noah... we will live together till death do us apart...'

Noah shrieked in horror as he witnessed the broken red thread on his little finger reattached to his now current husband, Drake Silvermoon.

***

A/N this is only a teaser, please don't confuse the scene order from the last chapter of the first volume: How to Survive Your Mate's Rejection. Don't forget to comment and vote, thanks!