Prologue

Eugene stared at Jack, he murdered his wife, he thought angrily. Eugene looked at Charlie "Should I kill him?" He asked. Charlie tilted her head, "Can you even kill a mortal in a dream?" She asked Eugene. Shrugging, he smiled "Well it's like strangling someone. Correct?" He wondered, Eugene was consumed by the darkness. Charlie backed away a little, and Eugene started to strangle Jack, his face full of fear, Charlie's black shadow was nowhere to be seen in Eugene's view. "H.....h....elp...m.....m....e...!" Jack choked, and Eugene bubbled with anger "How dare you say something like that! Murderer!" He said, after seconds, Jack was dead. Eugene stared at Jack, was this the answer...? To become stronger.? A fan hit his head, "Grr '' He growled turning around to face the boss, his expression showed no emotion. River was holding onto Charlie, "Eugene '' Boss said. Eugene tilted his head to face Jack, "You're late" Eugene looked at Boss. River looked at Eugene "Did...did you kill him..?" She asked, Eugene growled, "It was all I could do, and mortals must solve the conflict between mortals." Boss shook his head, "Eugene that is not what I meant"He answered angrily. Eugene growled again, "I know," He said, "You've become a monster" Boss added, "I would rather be a monster than turn a blind eye on a criminal" River just looked at Jack's body, "You're a monster" Eugene looked up, a shocked expression, his white eyes stared at River. "Monster!? I am not a monster!" Boss ignored Eugene's angry retorts. "River! Take that beast away" He said, indicating Charlie. River nodded, "I'll take care of this one '' In a flash River and Charlie were gone.

 River nodded, "I'll take care of this one '' In a flash River and Charlie were gone

Boss looked at Eugene, "I want you to work at Underworld Office with me." Eugene didn't expect that, "..." He stayed silent. Finally, he said, "...why...?" The bright-eyed ghost asked. Boss smiled, "Heh..you're a monster now, you've ended up like me." Boss answered, Eugene shook his head, "That does not answer me" 

"You're joining"

"...Okay"

Eugene didn't move.

"Come on"

"...Okay..."