Instagram

Walking into my house, after kissing Ronnie goodbye in the door way after he had checked over the whole house for me, Charlie and I walked through the living room and into the kitchen. I fixed him a bowl of water and placed it on the floor, only spilling a little. The sweet pittie lapped up the water eagerly as I stood there watching. "Good boy." I cooed, enjoying his company before I walked out of the kitchen and headed upstairs to my bedroom.

I walked through the door and looked around at the dirty clothes hamper that was overflowing and the messy bed that needed fresh sheets that I wasn't able to fix due to being on bed rest. I'd have to ask Ronnie to make my bed for me this afternoon when he came to pick me up. Instead, I dragged my basket down the hall to the washer and dryer and put a small load to wash.

All day I did small loads, that way I was carrying small baskets of clothes so no one would fuss me for over doing it. In my spare time, I scrolled Instagram and Twitter, every now and then hopping on TikTok to watch those cute videos.

While scrolling through photos that Ronnie had posted of us, I came across one of a young couple. They looked familiar, like I knew them both from somewhere. I stared at them both really hard, and almost dropped my phone when I realized who they were. It was Ronnie and Melody from when they were in high school! This was Melody's page! How did she get on my friend's list? I had no memory of accepting her.

Deciding to be nosie and snoop around her page, I clicked on her icon and waited. My worst nightmare opened up infront of my eyes. Her page was nothing but pictures of her and my husband from high school. The girl was obviously obsessed! I scrolled through her page and found myself shaking. I wanted to scream and punch this little girl in the face, that's how mad her page made me. What pissed me off more, was there were more recent pictures, and they were of Ronnie coming home from work, climbing out of his truck, cutting our grass shirtless. The girl was obviously a stalker. Ronnie had been right.

Screenshoting her page, I closed the app, and sent a message to Ronnie.

"You're right. She's obsessed. We need to talk about this more when you get home."

"Alright baby. Just try to relax."

I put my phone away and leaned back against my pillows. How was I going to relax knowing my husband's stalker lived next door to us?

Later that night, I heard the front door open before Charlie jumped off the bed and raced downstairs with his tail wagging happily behind him. I smiled and rubbed my eyes, having taken a nap in the midst of folding my clothes, and yawned. "Hey baby. How was your day?" Ronnie asked as he walked into the bedroom and kissed my forehead. I looked up at him and he softly kissed my lips.

"It was stressful." I unlocked my phone and showed him the screenshots of Melody's page. He took the phone from my hand and scrolled through them, looking at the pages carefully. He scoffed.

"A lot of these are photoshopped. They never happened." He reached out and handed me my phone back as he raked his fingers through his hair. I took my phone back and put it down on the bed. "She thinks there's still a chance we'll get back together. Always has." I nodded. I understood, but I didn't like it. Who would?!

"What do we do?"

"About what? She took pictures of me. Big deal. The police are not going to do anything about it, so there is nothing we can do." I glared at him, pissed off that he was giving up so easily. Where was my Ronnie that would fight to keep me safe?

"Fine, don't do anything. But I'm telling you, Ronnie, she's up to something, I just know it!" I stood up and gasped.

"What is it?!" he asked, reaching for me and grabbing my elbows, looking at me with concern. I shook my head and smiled, putting his hand on my belly. I waited and the butterfly sensation happened again. Ronnie's eyes widened immensely as he looked at me and his lips parted. "Was that?"

"They kicked." He kneeled down and placed his face against my belly and hugged my waist.

"My beautiful family." he gasped in shocked and then laughed softly. "You're gonna be fighters, just like your mama." he said, looking up at me with proud eyes. I blushed down at him and smiled. "Lets go home, baby. Let me keep you safe." I nodded and took his hand when he stood and followed him out.