(Chapter 3)

Noah had driven away, back to his dorm in University. I mournfully watched him drive away.  When would I see him again? And when would he realize we were engaged?

I turned back to Nate. Now that I've spent some time with both of the brothers, I can sort of tell them apart. Noah has a stronger jaw line, a straighter nose and is a couple inches taller. Nate has thicker eyelashes, redder lips and a brown tinge to his blond hair.

There.

But the problem with this is that you have to look really close.

"How many years older is he than you?" I asked.

"Two," Nate replied.

I frowned. "That would make you the same age as me."

"Yeah."

"How come you're so tall, then? That's not fair."

He smiled at me, and I felt my heart thump against my chest. That was weird...maybe I was coming down with something. I should go see a doctor.

"We can go find a job tomorrow," I said, changing the subject.

Nate blinked his thick, long lashes at me, and tried a begging look that did not suit him. "Please don't make me get a job."

"That's the best bit...you don't have a choice," I sang, skipping as we walked home. I was feeling a lot chattier tonight than I would ever normally be. That was because I was in love! I forgive you Cupid. I really do.

"Don't make me do manual labour," he begged.

"What, Mr. Playboy afraid of getting his hands dirty?"

He look he gave me was extremely suggestive.

"Oh, that is wrong!" I said, slapping him over the head. "You have a filthy mind, Nate!"

 "You know you love it," he asked, with a smirk.

I normally would've floored him, but today that was somehow endearing. Everything seemed so bright and sunny and happy! Which was really saying something about the power of love, because it was night and the only person I could see was Nate, who was looking incredibly...how should I put this..."impassioned"? I tried to ignore him, but it's hard when the person is staring straight at the back of your head.

When I finally couldn't take the tension, I stopped.

"Nate, it's too awkward. You can stop walking me home now."

He frowned. "I thought you were walking me home."

"Why the hell would I walk you home?"

"I don't know...maybe to get into my pants?" I had to hit him just a little bit when he said that.

"Then why are you following me?" he demanded, his brown eyes watering as he rubbed the place I'd wacked.

"I'm not! You're following me!"

We both stood there, staring at each other for a moment or two. Slowly, I raised my left foot, and he did the same. We both took a step forward in unison. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. I broke into a sprint, trying to leave him behind. For a stupid playboy, he sure knew how to run. Why the hell was he following me? Was he planning something?

Just as I reached my front door, I realized I lost him. I smiled. Stupid playboy couldn't run fast enough, then. I'd just gotten my key out to open my door, when I happened to glance over at the house, the one the crazy dude with a "magic pony" lived in...

And I just happened to see Nate, standing on his porch, staring back at me.

My eyes flicked to the "For Sale" sign on the front yard that had been there for a while. It now said "Sold". My gaze turned back to Nate, who had a key in his hand.