Chapter 6

100 years later

I checked my phone,

May, 23, 2021, 7:16 A.M. Thursday

"Hm, I'm early." I said to myself as I headed into the school doors and tied my long black hair in the usual low ponytail.

'KIMETSU HIGH SCHOOL'

the large print said on the front of the building. I took out a rose from my backpack and put it in Rengoku Kyojuro's locker.

'Maybe he'll like it!' I thought. I walked into homeroom and sat down.

"Tomioka, why are you so early? School starts at 7:30." Mr. Anderson said.

"I got up too early." I responded.

"Oh." He went to his desk to do some work.

I just thought about *him.*

With his luscious golden and red hair, his wild personality and gorgeous smile. He was perfect, he had perfect grades and a perfect body. He always wore a white button up and black pants to school. Today was the day I confess my love to him. We don't talk much but when we do it always ends up with me smiling. I never smile.

The class started flooding into homeroom.

"So any idea on who gave you the rose?" It was Sanemi's voice.

"Nope! No idea." Rengoku exclaimed. The moment I heard his voice I felt warm and fuzzy inside.

"I mean it could've been that weirdo with the black hair." He said. I know he was pointing at me, but it's whatever.

"That's rude Sanemi." He said, "Besides, I wouldn't mind him giving me a rose."

I my face lit up. Luckily they were behind me or otherwise I would have gotten exposed. The day went by and I finally got the courage to talk to him.

"Hey, Rengoku." I tapped his shoulder, "Can I talk to you?"

"Well, of course!" He said smiling. We walked to the courtyard.

"Well um, I really....like you Rengoku." I said looking at the ground.

"I like you too!"

"Wait, reall-"

"Yup! You're an amazing friend of mine!" He said patting my shoulder.

"No, not like that," I said, "In a romantic way."

"Oh, well, I'll get back to you." He said awkwardly walking away.

"Take your time! Heh." That was so embarrassing! I picked my head up and started walking away. I crossed the street when I saw someone run up behind to me, they were breathing quite hard.

"Tomioka," It was Rengoku, I turned around, "I thought about it, I...I really like you too!" He exclaimed.

My face lit up.

"Really?!" I said

"Really!" He said smiling, he ran up to me and gave me a kiss, I kissed him back.

"Um here's my number!" I said scribbling on his hand.

"Alright! I'll call you you when I get home, goodbye!" He called.

"Goodbye!" I shouted.

I walked home very happy. My foster dad Urokodaki had seen I was unusually happy.

"What's the deal? You seem happy." He said.

"Well, I just confessed my love to someone! And they like me back!" I shouted with glee

"Oh? Who's the lucky girl?" He said.

"Oh um, you wouldn't know....her." I said while walking to my room.

"Alright! Dinner will be ready in 2 hours!" He exclaimed.

"Ok."

I sighed setting down my bag. As soon as I jumped on my bed my phone chimed.

Unknown-Hello! This is Tomioka right?

G-Yes, are you Rengoku?

R-Yes I am! Also, call me Kyojuro!

G-Alright, Kyojuro :)

G-Also you can call me Giyuu

R-Of course! Giyuu!

I laid back on my bed and started kicking my legs in excitement with the open texts in hand, I couldn't stop smiling.

R-So, would you like to come on a date?

G-Yes! I would love to!

R-Great! This weekend?

G-Amazing!

R-Alright! I'll see you at school!

G-same!

I was so excited, partly because no one pays any attention to me, and most of it because it's a date with Rengoku!

I was getting ready to shower. I looked in the mirror

'Why do I look like this?' I said grabbing fat on my stomach. It was so little fat I could barely clutch it in my hand, why was I so insecure about it?

I got in the shower and finished 15 minutes later.

It was now time for dinner.

I sat down and ate.

"So what does she look like?" My dad asked.

"Well, she has long wavy blonde and red hair, she has orange eyes, and always has a smile on." I said trying to keep it as gender neutral as possible.

"She seems nice."

"Yeah, she is." I said.

I finished eating and headed to bed. I dreamt about Kyojuro. I dreamt of us having a happy life and adopting kids, I couldn't wait. We're 16 now so we couldn't even get married for 2 years.

'BEEP BEEP B-'

my 6:30 alarm went off. I groaned and got up. I brushed my hair and hummed a tune. It sounded so familiar yet I didn't get it from anyone, but It doesn't feel like I made it. I got dressed and started heading out. Kyojuro lived on the complete opposite side of the neighborhood so the only time we could talk was at school.

I saw him at his locker. We locked eyes, I smiled and started running up to him. We got into a hug and he spun me around. For some reason I expected this from him even though we've never even hugged like this yet!

As the time went by, we had our first kiss, we went on dates, and when we turned 19 he proposed to me.

His exact words were,

"at least now, I can ask you this," He got down on one knee and pulled out a ring, "Will you, Giyuu Tomioka, marry me?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed.

We smiled and kissed.

"It's beautiful." I said looking at it while we were hugging. He proposed while we traveled to China and right in front of a beautiful waterfall and the greenest grass you could ever ask for.

"I love you so much." I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"I love you more." He said smiling.

We eventually moved in together and adopted 4 kids named, Sabito, Makomo, Tsutako, and Senjuro.

2 girls and 2 boys. We were so happy together. This whole relationship gave me some sort of deja vu. I've never been in a relationship before yet it feels like I've done this before. We had more than stable jobs and our kids were all we could ever ask for.

I couldn't be happier.

The end.