Five

- enyo's diary -

Dear Diary,
I'm telling you now, there's something about that kid. Something special. I saw him differently last night. I saw him in a way that defied everything dad has ever told me. I saw him in a way I never thought I would, and I'm not sure I want to, but I suppose I can't help my emotions, can I?
I could examine his face as I do the setting sun, and I noticed every little detail. The way the skin by his eyes crinkles when he smiles, how his laugh lights up the world, the one little pale blonde strand of hair that doesn't quite fit with the rest (but he wouldn't look like himself without it), and the scar by his eyebrow. I couldn't help but drown in the ocean that was his eyes. H̶E̶'S̶ ̶B̶E̶A̶U̶T̶I̶F̶U̶L̶. He's not too bad I guess. He's very caring too, despite the hard shell he seems to have on the battlefield. Funny how you think you know someone until you sit down with them, watching and listening, isn't it?
It's only just hit me, as I'm writing this, that I've done the very thing I swore never to do again. I let myself feel something. I let myself care for someone who's not family. I think I'm forgetting who he really is. The enemy. That's what I should focus on.

Anyway, I need to find dad; he's been out for a while. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

All my love,
Enyo