Chapter 4

So... who else is pissed and angry by Elizabeths choice in the show? Well I am! Anyway here goes... enjoy!

Allie saw the door open and Elizabeth walked in and she was furious.

Allie: How could you? How dare you come here and show your face. Get out! Leave! Now!

Nathan: Allie, I know you are upset at Mrs. Thornton right now, but please be respectful.

Allie: Upset? I am not upset! I am angry and furious and you should be also. Why are you so calm right now?

Nathan: Look Allie, I get it, you are hurting. You feel betrayed by Mrs. Thornton and you do not want her to hurt me again.

Elizabeth looked down ashamed when she heard Nathan mention the fact that not only had she hurt Allie, but she had hurt him as well and it was making her disgusted by her own actions and she really wanted to apologize, make it right between them.

Elizabeth: Allie, I know you are just trying to protect your dad, but please can I just have one more private conversation with him.

Allie: No! you can not. Whatever you want to say to him, will have to be said in front of me as well.

Nathan: I appreciate your unwavering love and support young lady but I would like to hear Mrs. Thornton out alone please.

Allie: Fine I'll leave but I am only giving you 5 minutes and then I'm coming back inside.

Elizabeth began to panic. This was not going as she had hoped it would. And she had set up a whole nice meal for Nathan. She not only wanted a conversation with him. She wanted to spend time with him. Real time, just the two of them. Alone. But before she could say anything Nathan responded to Allie.

Nathan: Mrs. Thornton and I will be having a quick conversation away from the jail. When we are done we will return here. I would like you to stay here until we do come back.

Allie: Why do you need to leave? Why is me walking outside not good enough?

Nathan: Because I don't need you listening into the conversation from outside either.

Allie: That was my plan

Nathan: Of course it was.

Nathan turned towards Elizabeth

Nathan: I would love it if you would be able to take a walk with me for a little, as long as you are still up for it.

Elizabeth: It would be my honor.

Nathan and Elizabeth left the Jail and walked outside in companionable silence. They continued on until they reached the spot that Elizabeth had so lovingly set up for the two of them.

Nathan: You did this for us?

Elizabeth: Of course I did.

Nathan: Why?

They both sat down on the blanket and then Elizabeth looked straight into Nathans eyes and answered.

Elizabeth: Because I love you.

Nathan looked away unsure of where this conversation was headed. He still had no idea where her head was at and as much as he hoped that she would continue saying what he so badly needed to hear he decided not to respond and just let her finish.