Welcome to 2002

It was now the year 2002.

Logan Dara, Dicky Michaelson, and Andrea Elan were lucky to survive the year 2001 with their lives intact. They had prevented an unnecessary attack on the city of New York on September 11, 2001. Due to that attempted attack, the United States (and the rest of the world) now saw what evil truly looked like.

Evil was in the form of a man named Osama bin Laden. His decision to attack America was an unpopular one, as it made Muslims look bad in front of the world. (When he found out that the three cousins had managed to prevent 9/11 from happening, as well as having the men who were to carry out the attacks arrested, let's just say that he wasn't too happy about that at all.)

As of right now, the United States decided that it was best to strike back before another attack occurred. The "War Against Terror" was currently being fought in a country called Afghanistan. A repressionist government known as the Taliban was blamed for supporting the efforts of the notorious terror group Al-Qaida. Al-Qaida was blamed for the attempted attack on New York. The group's leader, Osama bin Laden, blamed the three cousins for blocking his plan to blow up the Twin Towers and exposing him and his terror organization to the world.

"Well, can't say that the dude didn't have it coming," said Logan as they sat at a table at The Sesame Express reading the newspaper. The main headline detailed the terror mastermind's anger at not being able to cause trouble in America. In fact, the man in question had called for the deaths of the cousins who were responsible for exposing him to the world. Yet many more people called for his capture and death for causing nothing but trouble for the already unhappy world. "I hope that one day, he will get what he deserves."

"And when that day comes, we're going to serve him a great big bowl of I-told-you-so," said Andrea.

"Which is going to be a shame because it's going to be ironic," said Logan. "The cousins who he wanted to get rid of hand him his own behind on a silver platter."

"I can't wait to see that happen," said Andrea.

"He's a complete fool if he thought that he could get away with attacking our country and thinking that he can get away with it," said Dicky. "We already put our would-be murderers away in jail for good, and I hope that we can extend the same courtesy to Mr. bin Laden when the time comes."

​"I don't know, Dicky," said Logan. "Knowing him, he won't go down without a fight."

"Well, he's asking for it," said Andrea, "and I will not hesitate to smack him in the head with a rolling pin for all the good that he thinks that he is. No one is going to mess with me, not while I still have the ability to fight."

"Indeed," said Dicky. "And not only have we prevented the September 11 attacks from happening, we have given this country a new sense of patriotism and pride. People are showing more kindness to each other, which is a good thing."

"We can count that as a small victory against the evils of terrorism," said Logan. "We are alive and well and our families are together. My wife has recently tracked down her father and reunited with him over the holidays. Even our children are happy. I don't see what can possibly go wrong."

"Everything," said Andrea.

"Everything?" said Dicky. "You mean that everything can go wrong in an instant?"

"Yes," said Logan. "Not only are we dealing with Mr. bin Laden and his calls for our deaths, we are also facing the wrath of those who love the Harry Potter books. They are not happy to know that we were the ones who caused the movie to flop in theaters. They are even angrier with me, for my video exposed the witchcraft that was in Harry Potter. Plus, I made another video that claimed that Harry Potter probably ripped off "The Lord of the Rings". So, I have made some very bitter enemies here."