8 ~ Dare ~

**********

Not Proof read...Ignore the mistakes...

*************

Chapter 8 ~ Dare~

***************

His One Touch Speaks Volume

**************

Khushi's Point Of View...

The Abandoned Building...

Arnav was skeptical to hug me back but I did not care, I kept clinging onto him, enjoying his warmth. Suddenly there was another bang, even louder than the one before, petrifying me even more than earlier. In fear, I hugged him even tighter, my grip on him became harder. It felt as if he was the shield that would protect me from anything and everything that could possibly hurt me.

I hid my face in his neck and inhaled his scent to fill my lungs with his fragrance. That is when I noticed his arms moving on me, he had finally hugged me back, securing both his arms around my back.

This feeling, it was something that could not be described. It was pure bliss. It was raw, unformed emotions trying to peep their way into our souls.

The moment could not last forever and I knew it. when reality struck in, my brain started working again, flashing bright red lights as a warning, signal of danger, telling me to let go of him, my boss, who I was currently grasping onto with a steel grip. I was still in daze of the hug, I could not break the hug as fast as I wanted to, I let go of him slowly, too slowly.

I opened my eyes, registering everything around me. My grip on him because lighter as I slowly pulled away from him. When Arnav felt me moving away even he opened his eyes, but not completely , our proximity had intoxicated both of us.

We slowly parted, his hands were still on me when I completely regained my senses and realized just how wrong this was. I tried to move back with a jerk but his grip on me had not lightened at all, he was staring straight into my eyes with a look that was completely alien to me and to him as well. I moved my hand from his back to his front and placed them flat on his chest, pushing him back a little, away from me.

That snapped him back to reality, he came back to his senses and immediately backed away from me. The air was filled with awkwardness, neither of us dared to look at each other. My eyes were stuck to my feet, I was too embarrassed to even breathe right now, while he just looked around not knowing what to do.

Khushi's Pov Ends...

**************

Arnav was staring into Khushi's eyes, drowning himself in them, still in daze of her intoxicating scent filling up his heart with content, when Khushi placed her hands on his chest. The contact made His heart beat bump up, but not for long, as she used that hand to push him away, snapping Arnav back to reality. Arnav then looked away not really knowing what else to do. It was awkward and Arnav was hopeless at dealing with awkward situations. So He chose the best method, ignorance, pretending it never happened.

Arnav cleared his throat, " so have you checked site properly? Do you reckon our designs will work?"

Khushi looked at him with that doe eyes, shocked. But she got the hint that Arnav did not want to talk about the moment they just shared, he wants to pretend that it just not happened ever..., Khushi also happily helped her boss to divert the topic.

" Actually we might need to make some changes to the master bedroom...." And she continued.

" Hummm" Arnav cleared his throat again. " let's check the rest of the place out."