"10"

The morning I wake up with one word in my mind. Argentum. Its hard to beleive that I'm some type of special wolf, but I guess I am. But, for some reason, I don't feel like myself today. Is it because I know what I am now? Just because I know that I'm some sort of silver, ninja werewolf person doesn't change who I am right? Anyway, its problem nothing. I guess I'm just feeling a little weak, that's all. Checking the digital clock on my nightstand, I check the time. 10:30 am. I sighed knowing that Damon and Jake would both probably be in meetings all day. Its sad really, I kinda was looking foward to go alone time with Damon and some comedic moments with Jake. Hold up a second, did I seriously just say that? Whatever, I mean, I have the rest of my life to get that alone time with Damon and his beautiful bo -woah. What the hell is going on with my mind today? I reluctantly get up and head to the bathroom. When I get to the toliet, I pull down my pants and only one word comes to my mind. Shit. For you see, when I looked down upon my underwear, there was a giant red stain. Mother nature truly hates me. Yup, I was on my freaking period. But that does explain......oh shit.

Its now that I realize what the hell is going on.

You see, yes, female werewolves do get periods unfortunately. Its a pain in our asses just like it is to any regular human woman. But, thing with our periods is that once you find your mate, something else comes along with it. Its what most people would like to call 'heat'. Most stories say that a she-wolf's heat is very painful and hard to go through, but its only a one time experience. God, I wish that was true. The reality is this: once a she-wolf meets her mate, she will go into heat once a month.....at the same time she's on her period. The only way the heat stops is if you fully mate. And that involves.....eh, well.....intercourse. But, at least you'll only have to go through the hell hole that is a period. So basically, if you've found your mate and have not completed the mating process, you will have to go through double the the pain of a period.

Heats are usually very diffcult in the case that being far away from your mate makes you weaker, which explains how I was feeling when I got out of bed just a few minutes ago. It also makes you extremely hormonal. And by that I mean that I'm basically gonna act like a clingy girlfriend whenever Damon is around. Which explains my thoughts about him this morning. The thought of him being shirtless and kissing me the way he does all the way down my nec-STOP MARLEE YOU ARE NOT A SLUT!!!!!!! I give myself a good slap to the face before going back to my thoughts. So on top of bing emotional and in pain, I'll be struggling with those two things on top of it. And when does my heat end? Well, thank God the moment my period ends, my heat ends. I would actually die if it went on for longer.

I take a piece of toilet paper and hold it over my old underwear so I'm not staining it more or dripping blood on the floor on my way to grab a new underwear. Once I grab the clean pair, I sprint back to the bathroom and take off the dirty stained underwear, throwing it into my sink. I turn on the water before preceeding to out on the clean pair with a pad on. Finally, I pull up my shorts that I had worn to sleep beofre heading into my closet and picking out plain jean shorts and a simply, yet cute, purple spagette strap top. Once finished changing, I was about to head down stairs when I realized something, without being marked, other males will smell my heat and want to mark me.

Oh marking? Its basically the step of the mating process that comes before the...you know, intercourse. Anyway, the male basically bite his mate right where the shoulder and the neck meet. It doesn't really hurt...okay that's a lie. According to my mom, the first minute is complete and utter hell, and then its like a feeling of pleasure.....ehssh.

The point being, I didn't wanna go downstairs and risk males crowding me then Damon seeing me and all that stuff. Although, it would be fun to see Damon jealous........hmm, quiet the perdicatment I'm in. I giggle to myself as I make a decision. I open the door on my mind set to see a jealous Damon. I don't know if its the heat and my period, but I just think it'll be funny. I mean, I knew that the heat would probably affect me in more ways than usual due to not only being of Alpha blood myself, but being mated to an Alpha as well. But oh well, what's done is done.