Chapter 11

When I awoke the next morning, I was ready to be questioned, I hoped that I could be helpful so the males who took me could suffer, if I hadn't killed them with that blast.

"Do you want to talk now or after breakfast?" Feyre asked as we began to eat.

"Let's talk now, as long as that's ok," I said, looking at the food in front of me.

"This isn't an interrogation Dawn; you tell us as much or as little as you want." Rhys said and I dipped my chin.

"Ok, well they winnowed me into a cave, there was no natural light, or any exits so I had no idea where we were. A male, who I am assuming is the leader, told me that I was going to become their weapon. I refused, they told me they would train me, like I had agreed which was strange and annoying. Exhaustion hit me like a brick, so I passed out on the small cot like thing in the cave. The next morning, I was rather rudely awoken by male three who shoved some stale bread and cheese in my face, which I ate. Then the leader came in and made me sit in front of a candle for the whole morning. When I didn't do anything, he beat me into a bloody pulp then gave me a little more bread. Once I had eaten, he once again put me in front of the candle and when I still failed to do anything he beat me up some more then left me with more bread for the night. That repeated another two times before the fourth male appeared next to the leader and told him Azriel was getting closer, so they needed to go. The leader, who is male one, in case you were wondering, took my face in his hands and forced me to look into his eyes. I don't know what he did to me, but it was like I forgot everything about me. I was aware of what was going on around me, but I didn't know who I was. I did what the leader told me without question and using the magic came easily. I hope you know I would never willingly destroy the city, anyway, you know what happened after that." I told them, I was shaking by the end of it, I just wished I was more help.

"Hush, you're safe now," Azriel told me, tucking his wing round my back.

I didn't second guess myself as I threw my arms around him and sobbed into his neck, all of the pain and rage and hopelessness I felt in that cave crashed into me all at once and it was overwhelming.

I was vaguely aware of him lifting me up and setting me back down, tucking me against him tightly, one hand running over my back while the other combed through my hair.

I wasn't sure what made me feel so weak, but I eventually passed out.

-Azriel's POV-

As Dawn spoke, I could feel the rage growing beneath my skin. The tortured her for not knowing how to control a power she didn't even know existed until recently!

She spoke with a calm indifference until she said about her mind being taken over, I saw her hands begin to shake under the table, she hid it well, but I was next to her.

Once she finished talking, she was shaking properly, just like she had done the first time she used that magic, but I knew this time it was from pent up emotions.

I tucked my wing around her and told her that she was safe here. I was shocked when she flung her arms around my neck and began to sob. I carefully lifted her into my arms and took her into the sitting room, placing her on the sofa next to me and holding her close, soothing her the best I could.

When she fell limp, I let out a long breath but didn't move, I didn't want to wake her.

"How do we fight an enemy who can control you so much you don't even remember your own name?" Rhys asked, looking at Dawn with concern and pity.

"They only controlled her when she looked directly into their eyes, as long as we don't do that, we will be fine," Feyre pointed out.

"Thoughts?" Rhys asked me.

"They said I was getting close, so I must have being doing something right in my attempts to find her." I mused.

"What did you do on your last try?" Mor asked.

"I flew along the cliffs on our western border, I was going to go further but I promised Leina I would be back every evening." I said.

"So, their hide out is more than likely in a cliff," Cass said with a frown.

"Our west coast isn't exactly small," I replied with a frown.

"I think I can help you with that," Dawn muttered, her voice vibrating against my chest.

"It's ok, take your time," I told her gently, resuming the circles I was making on her back.

"My power is unique, right?" she asked.

"Yes," Rhys said slowly, apparently unsure as to where this was going.

"Just before the fourth dude came bursting in, I managed to use a little power, I think I could track it back to the cave, I don't know what that male did in my head, but I can feel the left over traces of my magic from when I used it in here that time, I burnt myself, I think I can also use my power freely, I'm in control now." She muttered, not opening her eyes.

"Really?" Feyre asked, looking hopeful.

Dawn just lifted her hand and the light from the candles on the table rushed to her, weaving in between her fingers. I could feel her frown as she sent her power over to Cass.

We all watched with bated breath as the light hovered over his left calf and sank into his skin.

"No!" Mor yelled but Cassian took her hand.

"It didn't burn." He said, looking at Dawn in surprise.

She pushed herself up, opening her eyes and looking at him.

"My light doesn't just burn, yes that is one of the things it can do, but it also heals. I guessed as much when I woke up here without any of the bruises or broken bones I had when I arrived after falling from the sky, the first lot of light I took from the city healed me, the second lot blew up the cliff." She said, cracking her back.

"Now that is cool, how did you know my calf hurt though?" Cass asked.

"I might be this strange creature who has an unknown power, but I am a healer Cassian, I notice these things." she said, crossing her arms.

Cauldron my mate was perfect.