Chapter 5

-Dawn's POV-

My whole body was cramping, but I needed to get up, get to work, and most importantly, get out of the High Lord's house.

I looked around the room, pushing the pain far, far down and saw my bag, it had been carefully put by the door.

Once I managed to get my feet under me, I walked over to it and picked it up, every movement was agony, but maybe I could use some of the plants in the shop to help.

As silently as I could I made my way down the stairs and out of the front door. The sun had barely risen when I emerged and I was glad for it, I don't think light would help my eyes right now.

I stumbled through the streets, probably looking like a drunk idiot but I couldn't stop all of my muscles from either cramping or spasming, I just pushed on.

Once I could see my shop, I breathed a sigh of relief. I unlocked the door and pushed it open, the bell tinkling merrily above me.

I went to the back and dropped my bag, falling to my knees, unable to stay standing any longer.

I sobbed as my muscles spasmed all over again, I wasn't spared from the pain anywhere in my body.

If I could just get to the other side of this small room, I could get some pain killers. I forced my body to work, just enough that I could push myself over to the table.

I grabbed one of the small pots that I had left overnight to set and scraped some of the now dried substance out to make a powder.

I nearly dropped it twice but thankfully I didn't, once I had scraped out enough, I tipped it straight into my mouth, flinching at the bitter taste, you are supposed to have it with water, but the water was in the front, and I couldn't move any further.

I made myself swallow before I curled up on my side, my tears took over, I couldn't control them and all of the pain I had supressed to get here hit me all at once.

I faintly heard the bell jingle, but I couldn't move, I could hardly breath.

"Dawn!" A familiar voice called out.

A hand gently brushed my hair out of my face, and I met the hazel eyes of the spy master.

He carefully lifted me up, holding my body close as he walked through the shop and then took off, flying above the city and back to the town house I had just escaped from.

My muscles were still all craping at once and I hated it, that I had no control.

"Try and relax," he told me gently, but no matter what I did, I just couldn't.

I was so tired, and sore, but my body refused to stop cramping. At least my sobs were more controlled.

He landed and I curled up more, pushing my head into the crook of his neck. I closed my eyes, I didn't want to see anyone, and I didn't want anyone to see me, not in this state.

"Dawn, listen to me, you need to relax," The High Lady's voice said through the pain.

"I can't," I sobbed.

"I'm sorry," she said softly before I felt someone in my head and the world went dark.

When I opened my eyes once more my body was limp and sore, I couldn't move without being in agony.

"Don't move," Azriel's voice said from next to me, I blinked, why was I so sore.

"Why is this happening to me?" I whispered, all I wanted was to spend time with my sister, get her out of our mother's claws.