Chapter 1

Everyone gathered in the great hall, murmuring with anticipation at what has shaken Headmaster Dumbledore enough to have him call such an important assembly. Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at the Gryffindor table, giving each other confused and worried glances.

"Do you think this is about that Azkaban escapee?" Harry questioned, Ron's eyes widened as he stiffened.

"Dad told me that it's messed up in the brain." Ron added, "It just wants to cause chaos and hurt people." 

Hermione's gaze snapped at the ginger boy. "Yeah, I read the old trial script. During most of the trial she was just laughing like she lost her sanity." She sighs and looks up at Dumbledore before continuing to speak. "Honestly I pity her." 

Dumbledore rose to his feet, instantly grabbing everyone's attention. "Everyone, we have some bad news. Azkaban prisoner Cheshire Cat has escaped from her cell. She has no reason to come to Hogwarts but it's not completely impossible that she won't." He sighs and looks over at all his students. "Cheshire is well known to be insane and unpredictable. I demand you do not actively go looking for her and play the role of a hero." 

Draco Malfoy scoffed a chuckle as he nudged is friend. "Cheshire Cat? What type of name is that?" 

"Silence Malfoy, This is serious." Professor Snape drawled, narrowing his eyes at the platinum blonde haired boy. 

"My Dad says her grin still gives him nightmares." Ron spoke up, causing Draco to glare at him.

"Quiet Weasel." He snarled at him and Ron recoiled back. 

"Just please don't go out searching for her, If any of you wander across her, Come tell an adult." He sighs and sits back in his throne as he dismisses everyone.

Unbeknownst to anyone in the room, an unwanted visitor eavesdropped from the roof, A lonely grin widened before gliding away through the solid wall and dancing back to the forbidden forest, A faint echoing laugh trailing behind the Cheshire grin.