10

Tsukishima Athena

"Love, I'm home! I brought dinner." I hear Kei announce and the sound of the door shutting fills the house.

"I-I'm in the room." I call out the best I can, tears streaming down my face as my body wracks with sobs right after.

I bury my face into my mattress as I sit on the floor and try to calm myself. I hear Kei rushing up the stairs and soon two hands are on me, pulling me to their chest.

"Baby? What's wrong? Are you hurt, are you okay?" He asks and I nod.

"I'm okay." I sniffle, managing to make myself stop crying. I hold onto Kei though, wanting to be held.

"Why are the pictures out? Were you looking at them and something happened?" He asks and I pull away, gathering the pictures on the floor neatly in my hands.

I lift them up, looking through the photos of us when we were younger, a lot of them being of him in his uniform, us standing next to each other, or him during games.

My bottom lip begins to tremble and I burst into tears again, putting the pictures away in the box they were in before.

Kei wraps his arms around me again, quietly rubbing my back.

"I just- I'm so proud of you." I cry, burying my face in his chest. "You played so well with Karasuno and you've grown so much. You're always trying to improve and it just makes me so happy to see you happy. I seen the picture I took of you all when you won against Inarizaki in our first year and I started crying. I'm so proud of you and I love you so much. I'm so happy for you."

A small chuckle escapes Kei's lips and I start crying harder because he's making fun of me.

"You're so cute." He mumbles, holding me tighter to his chest. "I'll get some chocolate and some other snacks for you later on."

"Huh? Why?" I lift my head up, sniffling. He cups my face, wiping my eyes with gentle fingers.

"You should be starting your period tomorrow." He raises an eyebrow and my shoulders drop.

"Oh. I forgot." I frown and he places a kiss on my nose.

"It's in my calendar, I put it in yours too. Do you have any special requests from the store?" He lifts my chin and places a gentle peck on my lips.

"No. I just want kithes and cuddlth." I say and his face drops before pushing me away.

"Gross. Request denied."

Laughter bubbles from my throat and I instantly feel better at the sight of his disgusted expression.

"That's mean. What if I really had a lisp and talked like that?" I pout and he stands, holding a hand out to me.

"I guess we'll never know."

~

"You're a loser." Kei states with a grin as we both sit against our headboard, controllers in hand with Mario Kart playing on our TV.

"You cheated!" I huff out a breath.

"Yeah, yeah. That's what losers say." He smirks and I turn to him.

"You literally grabbed my contr-"

"Shh." He puts his hand over my mouth, giving me an apologetic look. "It's okay. Loser."

I shove his hand away, deadpanning as I look at his smug expression.

"Cheat one more time and I will bleed all over you." I say seriously and his eyes widen.