Mission Failed Successfully

Daffy walked into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. He opened the fridge and grabbed some leftovers from yesterday. He sat down in his blue recliner and acted like yesterday didn't happen. 

Daffy was mad at himself for that. He didn't want to ignore Bugs, but something told him to.

"Good morning." Bugs decided to read the newspaper to distract him.

"Good morning." Daffy sounded like he hadn't slept in days. He honestly hasn't gotten a good night's sleep for weeks.

"Why do you sound so tired? You've been sleeping since 5pm yesterday."

"I don't know." That was a big fat lie. Daffy slept for a long time, but he had nightmares. He decided to change the subject. "Did you bring me inside yesterday?"

"Who else would it be?" Bugs flipped the newspaper page.

Daffy decided there was nothing else in this conversation anymore. "I didn't like the joke you played yesterday."

"What joke?" Bugs was confused. He tried to think of anything he did yesterday that could have offended him.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"No, I don't."

"Pizzaribba?"

"Ehh... I still don't know what you're talking about, Doc."

Daffy sighed. "You know, your 'confession'?"

"What about it?" Bugs's voice was monotone and slightly annoyed.

"After you left, I got a call from Porky saying that him and Tina set it up."

"Set what up?" Bugs's voice wavered. He thinks he knows what Daffy is going to say.

"The confession! Apparently it was you joke that you were in on!"

"A joke? Daffy, it wasn't a joke. I was being serious." Bugs sighed. "All I wanted to know is if you felt the same way."

For some reason, Daffy felt like he needed to come up with an excuse. "I'm dating Tina."

"You two broke up."

"I'm straight."

"No, you're not."

"How did you-"

"I just know. Think of a better excuse." Bugs really didn't know. Bugs always thought Daffy was straight, especially because he dated Tina. But now, Bugs is questioning Daffy's sexuality.

"I don't have feelings for you." Daffy knows he definitely ruined his chance of being with Bugs.

"Fair enough." Bugs is only a little heartbroken. He never really thought Daffy even liked him in the first place. Even though he thought Daffy didn't have feelings for him, Bugs was still madly in love with the little black duck.

"Your just going to accept that answer? That's crazy!" Daffy was a little disappointed that Bugs wasn't chasing him anymore.

"Well, you said you didn't have feelings for me."

"Sthupid rabbit! I wasth lying!" Daffy hated how Bugs was so chill with the "fact" that his crush didn't like him back.

Bugs's ears fell behind his head, but he continued to read the newspaper as if nothing happened. He didn't reply. He had nothing to say.

"Why aren't you sthaying anything?!" Daffy was out of his recliner and standing in front of Bugs, hands clenched at his sides. He hated how Bugs's ears flopped when he was surprised... or disappointed.

Bugs didn't reply. He started to reread the newspaper.

"Bugsth! Sthay sthomething!" He hated that smug look Bugs always had on his face.

Bugs looked up at Daffy's blue-green eyes. "You're cute when you're angry."

"WHAT!?" Daffy hated how Bugs's brown eyes were looking into his own. Daffy was angry and frustrated for no reason at all. Bugs knew Daffy liked him, yet he still decided to tease the angry duck.

Neither of them really had a mission, a goal.

Daffy was hating Bugs more with every second that passed. So, in order to show how much he hated him, he kissed him.