7: captive

"Did he say anything yet?"

"No nothing boss. He didn't reply yet" the guard said as he stared down at the sleeping hybrid on the ground.

"Well then. let's send him some more, i hope i am not mistaken with this. Or else it would be a waste of a soul. but too bad, I can't let him leave now. He knows too much. '' The boss said while he stared down at the cat hybrid on the ground. "Just kick him or whatever, maybe it wasn't enough to get Jeon's attention. Last try, then he's dead"

"Will do" the guard grinned and approached the sleeping boy. He did not hesitate to kick the boy awake who gasped and panicked. His eyes shot open and he crawled against the wall in shock. He forgot he was even here, and when he realised it wasn't just a bad dream his whole posture slumped.

"Why do you hurt me?" Taehyung asked, holding his side. It was already bruised from before and now the man just kicked him right there.

"Because it's fun, and we can use it to force Jeon to deal with us." the boss said, looking at the hybrid.

"Jeon?.....oh..you mean jungkook?" Taehyung asked, he remembered Jungkook said he was Jeon before, but he wasn't sure. Taehyung didn't remember very well.

"Yes him, you know him don't you?"

"a little bit"

"What are you to him?"

".....nothing...i think..." Taehyung said a bit sadly. He looked down, he was nothing to Jungkook, Jungkook was an expensive man in Taehyung's eyes. while he was just a stray cat what locals call him, they treated him like that instead of a boy like he actually was.

"i saw you and jungkook together, you must be something to him. I will make a nice example out of you to get his attention to us finally. We have been interested in this contract he got. and i want it" The boss said kneeling in front of taehyung. "i never expected him to be interested in...this....a hybrid. He doesn't seem like the person for it. But doesnt matter, i expect him to come and conversate, I will get that contract"

"H-he won't come, '' Taehyung said. He remembered Jungkook said the last time was the last, he wasn't going to come get him out of trouble again. Which made Taehyung feel sad. He hoped to see Jungkook again, even if he was a bit scared.

"We will see about that, if he doesn't then we will just have to kill you" The boss said and stepped back letting his men hit the boy again. "Make it bleed, it would look good for the photo."

The guard did as told and made the hybrid's nose bleed along with some other punches until the boss was pleased with the result.

"Now let me snap a picture of you, smile~" the boss said and even if the hybrid didn't smile he snapped the photo anyway. "aaand, send it. now we wait" he chuckled and sat down on a chair, his eyes on the hybrid that had made his way to lean against the wall. the guard helped him at gunpoint, he didn't dare to try and run for it or even move. scared to get killed.

-

"He's probably nothing to him..." the man said it was past dinner and their target Jungkook still hadn't shown up or showed any sign yet. "Let's just kill him and plan something new. The hybrid must have been just a toy to him"

Taehyung tried to crawl away, his leg was hurting too much to stand. The man raised the gun loading the bullet, watching slightly amused how the hybrid held up his hands like it would save him.

"goodbye cutie" he said.

*bang!*

"Ah! How the fuck!?" a man shouted, turning around. Taehyung's eyes were wide when he realised he was fine and lowered his arms to see what was going on. He was even more surprised to see Jungkook stand in the room with his gun up.

"I'm surprised you came," the boss of the group said, looking at their guest.

Jungkook shot the other two men in the room dead and looked at their boss.

"I didn't plan to, but you made it quite a hassle for me to come all the way here. I was busy, '' Jungkook said.

"Well you didn't have to come here...Like that. We had a conversation in mind"

"i don't have time to talk, i have an appointment in an hour and i still need to pick up my suit" Jungkook said and loaded his gun, no haste whatsoever. The boss didn't have a weapon on hand and was slowly inching closer to the table where he had left his gun.

His hand grabbed the gun and he raised his arm fast to shoot Jungkook, but that didn't go unnoticed by someone and something bit his leg making him scream.

"stupid cat! You bitch!" the boss shouted and kicked taehyung off him, aiming the gun at the boy. Jungkook's eyes snapped to the boss instantly.

*bang!*

Taehyung felt blood splattered on him and his eyes went wide in shock seeing the boss fall down next to him bleeding. It made him feel jelly and weak. Taehyung didn't like it.

The hybrid looked at Jungkook who had a frown on his face and took the gun away taking a deep breath.

"Come with me, '' Jungkook said. Taehyung didn't move which made Jungkook annoyed and impatient. "i said come with me. I give you ten seconds to stand up and come here"

Taehyung felt the pressure and got up but his leg stung painfully and he fell back on his knees. Jungkook looked at him and he stopped counting. Watching the hybrid limp on one leg while he had a pained expression.

"you're hurt"

"i-its....Okay" taehyung said he didn't want to bother jungkook. The man was busy, he said. And on top of that. He came all the way here to save him, he cant bother jungkook anymore. Taehyung was surprised the raven even came for him.

"can you walk?"

Taehyung was silent before shaking his head. Jungkook sighed and lifted the smaller boy up carrying him out of the room towards the exit. Taehyung's eyes were wide looking at Jungkook. But it felt nice. Jungkook was warm and his hand held the raven's shirt leaning his head against Jungkook's shoulder. This man hurted him once but kept saving him from trouble. He liked jungkook now, the man was being kind.

When they walked through the halls Taehyung saw many men and women on the ground, some bleeding, some not. It made Taehyung feel sick and he hid his face in Jungkook's neck to not see what the man had done.

He felt warm thinking Jungkook had come out of his way and risked getting hurt to save him from here. The hybrid smiled and held the shirt tighter in his hand.

"You really know how to get in trouble don't you?" Jungkook said as he made his way through the building.

"I-im sorry"

"You should be sorry" Jungkook said and glared at the exit as Taehyung had his face in his neck and he couldn't look at him. "You made me come all the way here, go through all this hassle. You know how risky and annoying that is, now I am about to miss my meeting because of you."

Taehyung pouted and looked down, he didn't want to make Jungkook angry. but the man sounded very annoyed now. Even if the raven showed no facial expression his voice was stern and cold.

"Then why did you come here?... y-you could just...leave me here." Taehyung said, a bit sad that Jungkook was only negative.

"Just shut your mouth" 

---

Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!
🌼🌼🌼