Once upon a time, when Prince Zain met McKennia

Eighteen years ago, it was a dark, stormy night. It was the perfect setting for the enchantress, Malefacint, to cast her wicked curse. The witch danced around her room excitedly while throwing vile ingredients into her bubbling black cauldron.

"Hmm... Just one more ingredient and it will be perfect. Oh! Unicorn's blood! That will really set the curse!" she cackled.

Malefacint quickly dashed over to her shelf of ingredients and grabbed the vial of unicorn's blood. Just one drop of unicorn blood could make anyone fall in love, but paired with ogre's sweat and troll hair, it would cause death to whoever drank it and suffered heartbreak. It was the main component to Malefacint curse.

As Malefacint threw the vial into the cauldron, she daydreamed about the wonderful suffering she would evidently cause that little brat, Princess McKennia. Ever since McKennia's parents exiled Malefacint to the dark forest, she vowed to get revenge. And what better way to get revenge then by killing the thing the kingdom loves most?

As the unicorn blood slowly turned the deathly mixture from a pale green to a blood red color, and smile began to form on the enchantress' face. Now, it was time for the spell to set her plan in motion.

"To lock in hate, to lock out love, rage I must create, revenge I must think of. Make the royals see the hurt they bring me, make them feel the pain I feel. Remove the hate from my heart, and all the pain they have brought me, move it towards the more deserving, all they have done they shall now see, I will seek my revenge times three! When baby McKennia feels loss of love, she will die, and I will rise above. With the power intrusted in me, I will make the royals see!" Malefacint finished with a scream.

With that, Malefacint collapsed into a deep slumber, only to be awoken when the curse was to be fulfilled...

*******************************

Eighteen years later...

"McKennia! Where are you going darling?" Queen Lillian called out to her beloved daughter.

"I'm just going off to the forest mother. I wanted to pick some flowers for my room. It's looking rather dull lately" McKennia told her mother.

Lillian frowned, but waved her hand dismissively, signaling to McKennia that she could go. I had been a while since her mother had allowed McKennia into the forest. As a child, Lillian had always told McKennia a scary story about an evil witch who used to live in the forest. Of course, McKennia was way too sensible to take her mom's story to heart, but it was strange that she was never allowed outside the castle walls without an escort. Today was one of the rare days that she was permitted to leave unattended. The feeling of being alone for once was exhilarating.

As McKennia skipped into the forest, a dark cloud passed overhead. She paid no mind to it and just kept going deeper and deeper into the forest.

"Oh!" she gasped. "These bluebells are beautiful! I must have some!"

McKennia sprinted into the meadow full of bluebells and collapsed among the flowers. The grass smelled so fresh, the colors were so bright, and the wind in her hair felt so good. She felt at peace for once in her life.

"I have enough time" she yawned. McKennia slowly drifted off to sleep in the peaceful meadow without a care in the world.

A few hours later, a young prince was riding through the forest on his trusty horse, Rashid.

"Let's stop for a rest boy," he whispered to his horse.

The prince looked for a place to rest, and his eyes quickly landed on a meadow full of pretty blue flowers. He pulled at the reigns on Rashid to stop him. The horse jerked to a stop and threw the prince off. He landed softly in the meadow. But, was that a girl beside him? She looked so peaceful. So beautiful. But why was she here? What was a beautiful young maiden doing in the forest all alone?