RUN

I breathed in and out slowly trying to calm myself as I sat in a tall willow tree. I could hear the low, yet loud growls of the wolves that sat as the base of the tree. Sweat beaded down my brow as I contemplated my next step. Jumping down from the tree was not an option. My bare feet pressed deep into the trunk of the tree, slicing into the bottom of my feet causing blood to drip onto the damp earth. They snarled, snipped, and jumped at me literally causing my heart to stop each time. I had no idea what I was going to do. I felt like my end was nearer than the time that I swam by a shark unknowingly last summer at Carlston Reggie Beach in Florida. 
    In the distance, I could still see the huge billowing black clouds of death from my plane crashing. I could only remember flashes at this point, and I wasn’t sure if that was due to my fear, the shock of the crash, or if I had hit my head during the crash. The wolves never gave me a chance to think, or even grab my things from the plane. They were hungry and ravenous; and wont show mercy. My heart pounded like a drum drowning out my hearing causing every other sound around me to fade away. I closed my eyes and focused on the rhythm of my heart beat, then opened my eyes and stared straight into the eyes of my oppressors. 
    The sound of the forest started coming back in; the tropical birds, the sound of the slight breeze of the wind, the waterfall, the purr of a tiger in the distance. Then the flip flapping of the flames of fire and the crackling of the smoke. I looked up toward the sky causing the  beautiful rays of the sun to shine right upon my face. I smiled knowing and believing that I would make it out of this. Wolves were inferior to me, and I had a thinking, working mind with human thoughts.
    I prayed to God that if He was there to answer me and to help me. As soon as I released the words of faith, an explosion went off causing the wolves to yelp and turn towards the fire in a defensive stance. That was my chance, I slowly went to the opposite side of the willow tree away from the wolves and jumped. 
    I only had a few seconds until the wolves turned around and started chasing me. I didn’t know if I would make it, or if I could outrun them but I would surely try. Run James. Run! I told myself. I pumped my arms next to me and winced at each step due to the pain from being in the tree for so long. I believe God gave me this chance, so I took it. I heard the wolves snarling and I ran. Run, James, run. RUN.