Chapter 4

Chapter 4 by 1Evan_King1

3rd Person POV:

Boom! Boom! Boom! The cannons' continuous firing meant the A team was struggling to protect the village, however the second part of the plan would guarantee Berk's victory and the rescue of the Dragon Riders. The A team looked down at the island, furrowing their brows in confusion as the catapults were moved away from the battle and warriors were running around like crazy.

As Dragon Riders fought bravely, Arne watched from afar. "You won't be messing Berk up anymore." Arne whispered to himself. Then when the catapults were aimed at the sky, Arne shouted "FIRE!!!"

The Vikings were confused but presumed this was a master plan, as they trusted Arne and knew not to disobey him. Boulders came hurling towards the riders. All would have been able to dodge them had they been coming at them from the front, but the boulders came from behind. The boulders hit the A-team, and it became chaos. Each rider came crashing down, and their dragons flew away in terror. All except for one: Gustav had dodged the fire and dived to get away. His attempted escape didn't go unnoticed, as Arne saw this and grabbed his crossbow.

His arrow cut through the air, spinning and creating a whistling sound as it headed for Gustav. Gustav did not see it coming, however Fanghook did. Turning to protect his rider, Fanghook let the arrow hit him. With a strangled shriek, Fanghook fell fast out of the sky and into the forest.

All of the Vikings looked shocked and froze. What went wrong? What did the dragons do to deserve this? Some Berkians thought. Other Berkians who didn't like dragons thought, They got what they deserved. But they did not stay still for long as the cannon fire increased and the village caught fire. Everything got worse, events coming in a blur. Two boats full of Hunters pulled up their ship against the island, and charged down Berkians. Some fought the Hunters until their last breath, others surrendered to the Hunters. They knew this battle was lost.

The Berkians were grouped together and guarded by Hunters. Arne made his way to Viggo, who had merely stood and watched the battle. Arne handed him a bag full of gold, and told him Stoick and Gobber had left. "They left to hide the Dragon's Treasure," Arne told Viggo. "Find them, and take care of them." Arne growled, and Viggo nodded gruffly. Viggo scowled when Arne walked away, and began to think up a plan.

"Hunters, find those Riders and their dragons. Bring them to me, dead or alive. We will have the Dragon's Treasure as we have the whole of Berk, so fortify this island." Viggo shouted out, and Hunters began following his orders. He wondered vaguely if Ryker and Johan had finished with Astrid.

• • •

Astrid. Astrid fearless Hofferson. One of the strongest, bravest warriors known. And here she sat tied to a chair, barely conscious as punch after punch came at her. She was asked question after question.

"HOW DID YOU TELL THEM?"

"IS THERE A TRAITOR WHO WORKS FOR YOU?"

"WHERE IS THE DRAGON'S TREASURE?"

She didn't say a word. Though she didn't feel as much pain as Hiccup had, she was still in agony. All she cared about now was that Hiccup wasn't the one being tortured.

Eventually the questions and punches stopped, and she was taken back to her cell. The others were furious and Hiccup felt guilty. How could he let them do this? He thought. The ship sailed to Berk's shore, and the Hunters dragged all of them out. As they passed the burning village, their mouths opened with horror. Their home. They were forced to kneel in front of Viggo, where the other villagers were standing .

"You have lost. Berk has lost. Now with Berk at our fingertips, we will get the Dragon's Treasure." Viggo announced, directing the last bit to the captured and his fellow Hunters. Cheers from the Hunters followed, and Arne sidled up next to Viggo, revealing himself. The villagers now knew how Berk lost, and booed him. Arne ignored the boos, and spoke harshly. "You know I liked Berk. The raids were nightmares and life was tough, yet I still liked Berk. But as soon as Hiccup and his dragons came along, they ruined our village and made us soft. None of this would have happened if Hiccup "the Useless" didn't come along and ruin everything."

Hiccup looked shattered as the old name resurfaced. Useless. He sure felt useless. His friends were furious at Arne, and took a risk at badmouthing him then and there. Those confident enough to do this were whipped.

The villagers were herded into the Great Hall, the Riders brought into the prison on Berk. They felt hopeless. They were stuck.

• • •

A couple days later Stoick landed his newly trained Monstrous Nightmare he named Backfire, and Gobber landed his new Gronckle named Macetail. They searched for the right place, and found it farther up on the shore of Riftyst island. Pulling their spades out, they began digging.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to apologize if this chapter isn't as great as the others and/or rushed. Plus short. This chapter had to be rewritten due to technical difficulties, and I tried to edit quickly to meet the deadline. Hopefully next chapter will be longer and better.

-Goth80sMovieGirl14