Chapter 3

By Goth80sMovieGirl14

Warning! Minor language

3rd Person POV:

The gang felt the ship rock forward roughly, as if the ship had come to an abrupt stop. Footsteps were heard making their way to the cell. Astrid hugged Hiccup closer to her, ready to put up a fight if they dared to torture him again. The door opened and Ryker stepped inside. Astrid tensed up. "We're here." He announced. "Ya might wanna witness this."

Astrid, along with the others, were dragged out of the cell and shoved onto the deck. Fishlegs gasped in horror.

Their destination was Berk. The ship was anchored in front of the two great Viking statues. It was early morning, so very few Berkians were awake. Has Stoick received Astrid's note?, Fishlegs wondered. Were they prepared? Or was Berk doomed?

"Ah, you're here!" Johann grinned. "We took the liberty of inviting you to watch. Surely you wouldn't want to miss this?" Johann asked, not really wanting an answer. Snotlout, Fishlegs, and Astrid gave him glares and dirty looks. His grin only grew wider. "Begin the attack! Cannons!"

At his words, Hunters loaded and raised cannons, aiming them at their beloved home island. Astrid began to thrash around as they lit the cannons. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The cannons released the cannonballs. They shot through the sky with such force, they appeared to cut through the air like knives. The gang froze, watching with terror.

KABOOM!

The cannonballs suddenly exploded in midair, sparks and ashes fluttering down to the sea. The explosion awoke Hiccup, who had been unconscious since his last beating, leaning against Fishlegs."What happened?" He asked. No one answered him. He followed their eyes and what he saw made his jaw drop. In the distance, he could see Skullcrusher, Grump, and a few other dragons hovering high above Berk, blasting the cannonballs.

"How did they know?!" Johann shouted. His arms were no longer clasped behind his back, but clenched into angry fists. "Who did it?!" He screeched. "Which one of you told them? Or which one of you sent the letter, because I know it wasn't him!" He pointed at Hiccup, who was confused. What did I miss? He thought. "It was you, wasn't it?!" Johann jabbed a finger into Astrid's collarbone, purposely digging his finger into her skin. Astrid tried to bite him, but Johann pulled his finger away just in time.

"Take her to the cells! We'll take care of her later." Johann ordered, and Ryker took her away. She fought to break free, but to no avail. "Now, TAKE THEM DOWN!" More cannonballs were fired, now aiming for the heart of Berk.

. . .

"Are ya sure tha' this is a good idea, Stoick?"

"Of course it is, Gobber. Why would you say it isn't?"

"I don't mean the idea of hiding the Dragon's Treasure. I mean leaving Berk while it's under attack."

Gobber and Stoick were quarrelling on the subject of leaving Berk while in danger as they flew a Gronckle and a Nadder. They were still quite a distance from their destination, at least two days away. A long while, but they couldn't let Johann and Viggo get the Dragon's Treasure.

"Gobber, I don't like it either. But you and I are the only ones who know about Riftyst island. It's the safest place to hide it." Stoick replied. "Alright, alright." Gobber' strong accent came through his surrender. "I jus' hope tha' Berk can hold the scoundrels off until we get there."

"So do I, Gobber."

. . .

The day before. . .

"A-team! The Chief has ordered me to send you out to find Hiccup and the others. However, this is a recon mission only! Search Melody island, Armorwing island, the Northern Markets! Check the farther islands for the headquarters. Don't come back until you've obtained information or received orders to return!" Am I clear?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good. Now off, my fellow Berkians! We will take down the Dragon Hunters!" The A-team, filled with confidence, set off. Spitelout was not joining them, as he was in charge of Berk's defenses. Arne watched them fly into the distance until they were mere specks. He glanced around the Training Ring, before making his way into the room where dragons used to be kept for dragon-killing training. Locking the doors behind him, he lit a torch and examined the table before him. On it lay a map of the battle plan, lines and marks indicating where attacks would be made. At least, it was the old plan.

Arne scrapped the plan, tearing it to pieces. "Damn you, Hiccup. Always meddling where you shouldn't." He grabbed a fresh sheet of parchment, and began to sketch a new plan. "But this time, you won't win. . ."

Hey guys. These are short, I know. We're trying to make these chapters longer. Hopefully chapter 4 will be longer. Have a great day/night!

-Goth80sMovieGirl14