Valentine | Jeongwoo

- Valentine | Jeongwoo + Y/n wants to receive a Valentine's Day gift while Park Jeongwoo doesn't want to receive Valentine's Day gifts. Unexpectedly, y/n receives a gift from a secret admirer.

"Can you believe what day is it tomorrow?" I sighed and laid my head onto my desk.

"Valentine's?" Jeongwoo guessed.

"Yup, the day I hate the most every year." I sighed for the second time.

"Why?" Jeongwoo sighed listening to me.

"I never get anything every year and I feel envious looking at other people getting flowers and chocolates. For once I want to feel like I am the special person." I sighed for the third time.

"Who cares about those?" Jeongwoo blurted.

"You can't relate to me, you get gifts every year under your desk." I held my head up.

Jeongwoo scratched his head and pursed his lips.

"I think I should skip school tomorrow." I smiled and headed to my locker.

"That's a bad idea." Jeongwoo shouted.

"Since when did you care of me coming to school or not." I took my books from my locker and stuffed it into my knapsack. When did he even care hmmm.

NEXT DAY

My alarm rang which signaled that it was already time to get out from my cozy bed and get ready for school. I really don't feel like waking up from my bed today, thinking of the thought that today is Valentine's Day.

Wake up y/n! 

I got a message from Jeongwoo.

I left Jeongwoo on read, there's probably something he wants from me that's why he's being this annoying at this early in the morning.

y/n, get up

y/n go get dressed

y/n, don't forget breakfast

don't get hurt on the way

stay safe

see you at school

My phone kept on lighting up because Jeongwoo kept on sending messages, every freaking minute.

I put on my sneakers and rushed to the bus stop. I tripped on my shoelace just before I got to the bus stop. Curse my shoelaces, I swear I tied them properly before running. I'm gonna be late for the bus... I sighed loudly and ran as fast as I could, luckily I didn't miss the bus.

"I guess my bad luck is coming back to me." I sighed and sat down.

I scrolled through social media and looked through insta stories. I felt kinda jealous looking at these cute couples in my school, like bruh when am I going to get a guy? Like for real, am I just going to be single till I end high school?

"Jeongwoo better be waiting in front of the school gate or something." I looked through the window.

Yup just as I wanted to hope he was there, there was not even a single glimpse of Jeongwoo. I swear if I came to school earlier than he did, I'm going to hit him very hard on his shoulder. I might even make him a lil bit shorter, curse his height.

I walked into class and I was greeted with my classmates. The guy held a rose in his hand and gave it to the girl. I have mixed feelings now, do I really want someone to give me flowers? or is this a bit too cringey.

I passed by them to my seat and there was Jeongwoo sitting beside my seat. I sat down and starred at him from the corner of my eye. He didn't even greeted me, he was busy on his phone.

"Jeongwoo." I said but he looked the other way.

"um- this is for you." A girl said as she handed him a box of chocolates.

"thank you?" Jeongwoo replied and the girl tucked a strand of her hair to the back of her ear as she left our classroom.

Oh why did I just witness that. I looked away and continued on my unfinished homework.

"y/n, did you call me?" Jeongwoo said as he faced to my direction.

"Just open the box of chocolates already, there's probably a letter." I sighed and pointed to the box.

Jeongwoo didn't open it, instead he put it under his desk. Usually he would just open it and eh just eat the chocolates? 

"Aren't you opening it?" I reached under his desk.

"y/n, I told you to not get hurt." Jeongwoo held my hand.

I starred at him and pulled my hand away.

Jeongwoo came closer to me and held my hand again. I had a little scratch on my elbow but I didn't really cared about it because it was seriously just a small scratch, it wasn't anything to care about. Jeongwoo took a bandage from his backpack and put it over the scratch. 

I didn't know where to look, so I faced the lockers beside us. Somehow, my heart has this little tingly feeling when he held my hand. Is it because I felt shocked of the sudden act? He's never been this caring before since I knew him. Maybe he finally matured?

"Done." Jeongwoo smiled and he went back to his seat. I touched the bandage lightly and looked at him again, he didn't even look back.

Class continued like usual and soon it was recess time. I headed to the cafeteria immediately and grabbed a snack. I starred at the bandage and kept thinking about the moment he held my hand. YA Y/N STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM! - author-nim 

I headed back to class and on the way back I saw many people gifting their significant other with flowers, chocolates, letters and other gifts. I envy and feel a bit jealous about them since I haven't felt that before.

I walked into class and felt a little awkward when I saw something on my desk. Did someone put it on the wrong desk? I starred at it, I hesitated to touch the gift because it probably wasn't for me.

"Did anyone leave a gift on the wrong table?" I shouted loudly but none of my classmates responded.

Is it really for me? What if it's something weird? I mean what weird things could be in that box? I inched closer and lifted the cover of the box slowly. I peaked in it and I could see chocolates and a little note on it. Of course it would be chocolates, coincidentally it was my favourite type of chocolates. I peaked at the note and it definitely was for me, it had my name on it.

To y/n,

I think I kinda like you >.<

The note was short but it was cute for me, it was enough to make me happy. I smiled at the note, to think that someone has a crush on me hah.

"What are you smiling at?" Jeongwoo peaked to see.

I smiled and covered the letter with my hands.

"It's from a secret admirer." I smiled happily.

"Let me see it too." Jeongwoo pouted but I refrained from showing it to him.

School ended after a few lessons and I was heading to the school gate.

"y/n, I know who is it." Jeongwoo sneakily laughed as he bumped into my shoulder.

"WHO?" I was shocked.

"SECRET." Jeongwoo laughed and walked away.

"YOU BETTER TELL ME PARK JEONGWOO!" I chased after him.

Who else would it be if it's not me? I smiled as y/n was chasing after me. - Jeongwoo 

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

I SWEAR THIS WAS WAY CUTER IN MY MIND >3<