Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Renesmee’s POV

I felt the blackness and flames continue throughout my body, but I had become used to the rushing feeling which seemed like it would never extinguish. I was then able to think, as eventually the sensation burnt out from my head and thoughts of Jacob and my mother and father appeared while eventually I felt the fire clear out. Miraculously, it was just at my toes, my whole body numb but no more pain when it drifted away. For a while, I just lay there, shut out to the outside world trying to fall asleep but I felt like I couldn’t as I couldn’t wait until the moment came when I would once again awaken.

After laying here for what felt like an eternity, I felt something weird coursing through my body. A strange feeling like something was stinging my throat as it glided its way up, and that’s when I knew what it was. Not even feeling the pain of jumping up and swiftly making my way to the bathroom I vomited all the bad stuff up. I didn’t know what it was, and I wasn’t sure I wanted to as it felt like someone had pierced a thousand knives in my throat at once while sending gasoline up with it. Jacob pulled my hair aside and I felt his presence near my back along with my dad, who ran his fingers down my back and my mom who sat by my side, watching the stuff come up, how could see stay? I wondered, but was quickly caught off guard from the pain.

Once it was over, I pulled back keeping myself planted at the toilet in case something was just waiting to make the pain worse. My hand reached up for my throat, which felt shredded and crushed realizing it was still in one piece as my fingers traced its outline. “How do you feel, Nessie?” Jacob’s warm voice sounded stronger and clearer as I took him into my grasp, not holding back as I clung onto himas hard as I could.

“Jake,” I breathed sigh of relief, “I feel alright,” I remembered my throat, but I didn’t want him to know I was in such pain. His hand reached for my neck, rubbing it slightly too, as his face seemed a little steadier but you could see he was a little saddened by my pain.

“I’m alright.” I assured him.

All of a sudden, my dad’s arms swooped down and threw me into his catch. “How are you, love?” His voice was tender and pure like a thousand angels signing. I held my hand to his face sending my thoughts to his, the coursing fire in my bones to the stabbing of knives in my throat I saw his eyes open in panic and he held me tighter, “I’m am so sorry, love.”

Bella reached for my face, making her fingers create a pattern drawn on my cheeks. It tickled me but it made me feel the most at home. My mother was my home, my most favorite person and people say I am exactly like her, although I could never be as perfect as she is. “How’s my Nessie?” She whispered and I giggled as she stroked my face once more taking me into her delicate arms.

We left the bathroom and headed downstairs where everyone took a sigh of relief as Rosalie smuggled me with kisses and Alice grasped me in her arms tighter than ever. Uncle Emmett and Jasper held a set for me right between them and I took it, smiling as they held out a coke for me.

“Nessie, honey how are you?” Esme coursed me into her arms, and I never wanted to let go, as she reminded me of safety and assured me it would be okay.

“Nessie, you deserve all the resting time in the world, you are free to do whatever you want tonight,” Carlisle smiled at me.

“Can we get some movies, and have a marathon here?” I wished.

“Well, sweetie is it alright if Jake looks after you. You guys can watch whatever you want, we were thinking of hunting tonight since we haven’t gone in a while,” Edward spoke to me, and of course I agreed, everyone couldn’t just not eat.

“So we have got horror movies, action, romance or comedy, what are you in the mood for, Nessie?” Jacob asked. I studied his face under the crimson light which shone lightly throughout the room. The family had left just a few minutes ago, but of course not without tucking me into bed, while Jacob and I searched through the movies.

“What are you in the mood for?” I asked trying to be like my dad. I wanted to try and learn a way of looking into Jacob’s mind but at this point I was ready to give up.

“How about some Jaws? I mean really what’s a good movie night without the greatest shark movie of all time?” So he plugged it in and came and lay next to me as the titles began.

I felt his hand brush underneath the covers and his fingers entwined in mine, as I rolled back against my pillow. I couldn’t resist, as my voice spoke slowly, “What day is it?”

“Friday,”

“When did all this start?”

“Last Wednesday,” Jake replied. “We were in the meadow, and I had just-“

“Kissed me,” I giggled under my breath. “I remember some of it,” I said, angry that I couldn’t remember anything else.

I rolled over on my side, looking him in the eye. “I’m sorry, Jacob,”

His face looked confused and he faced me now too. “I’m sorry I put you through all that pain.”

“Hey, Nessie, don’t give me that. I was alright it was you that everyone including yourself should be concerned about. I have you now, right here in my arms with your beautiful smile and perfect laugh, you’re better and that’s all that matters,” His voice was truly sincere and he held my chin with his fingers as he brushed my lips with a sweet kiss.