4

I decided to have a conversation with Master Fu when Adrien threatened to give up the miraculous again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to wait until Adrien was fully asleep to take a visit to Master Fu.

I just can't stop thinking about why Adrien keeps threatening his miraculous but always tells me how much he's always grateful to have me.

I don't understand him. And I don't understand this feeling in my chest. I need answers. And I can't get them from Adrien.

Once I reach his estate, I knock on the door. It takes a few moments and I finally hear footsteps nearing the door.

When the door opens, I am met with a confused Guardian and a human form Wayzz.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here at this hour?" Wayzz asked me, taking me by the hands and gently pulling me inside.

"I needed to speak with you, Master." I spoke, my tone serious.

"Of course. Wayzz, please excuse us." Master Fu gently told Wayzz. The latter smiled and bowed his head, leaving us on our own.

"So, my dear friend, what is it that is worrying you so?" Master Fu says as he gestures me to sit down before sitting across from me.

"It's about my miraculous holder." I begin. "He keeps threatening the miraculous."

Master Fu's eyebrows jump up in shock. "Threatening? How so?"

"It's not like he's putting me in any danger if that's what you're thinking, it's just... he keeps telling me he's going to give me up if he doesn't get his way. Then after battles he acts like he didn't even say anything to me. It's not fair, especially when I'm sworn to all of these secrets and I'm not allowed to tell him. He gets frustrated with me when I don't tell him, even when I tell him I'm sworn to secrecy! I don't know what to do, especially when this feeling in my chest won't go away, it feels like my chest hurts and my stomach is all fluttery. And I get this weird feeling nowadays when he blabbers on about Ladybug, what's happening to me?" I rant to him.

Master Fu didn't say anything and waited for me to empty out everything I had held inside before responding. He seems to ponder for a while, stroking his beard. He looked deep in thought, almost struggling to find words which unnerved me.

"Do you want good news or bad news first, my dear?" He settles with, no longer stoking his beard in favor of clasping his hands together and resting them on the table.

"Good news?" I questioned more than answered.

"Good news is, that 'chest and stomach' feeling that you have been experiencing, might be something us humans call 'love.'" He concludes.

"Impossible. You've told us that Kwami's don't feel or fall in love. You said it was impossible!" I wrap my arms around myself, muttering to myself about it was absolutely outrageous that me, a kwami, can fall in love with Adrien, a human.

"I must have been mistaken. This is the first time in my many years of life that I've heard of a kwami falling for their masters. Not even the generations before me has heard of this." Master Fu speaks, which sends me further into my doubt that I've fallen in love with Adrien.

'There's no way! It's physically impossible. That I, (Y/N) (L/N), fell in love with Adrien Agreste. I mean, it's not like I adore his smile or the way his eyes light up at the simplest things. I definitely didn't fall for the way he holds me when I fall asleep and vice versa. There's literally no way that I can fall for his voice and that way it calls out to me. His hugs are the best though. And I.. wait...'

.

.

.

'Oh...'

'Oh no....'

' I think I've actually fallen for Adrien!'

Master Fu had to physically snap his fingers in front of my face to pull me from the depths of my realization.

"Master Fu... I... how... what?" I could barely put a sentence together as I looked to him for guidance.

The master did nothing but softly smile at me. Happy that I came to the conclusion on my own. But it slowly wiped away when I asked about the bad news.

"And the bad news?"

"Bad news is, if your holder continues to threaten his ring, you will be forced to take it from him." The wise man slowly told me. "Minus when I took the miraculous, how many times has Adrien threatened to give up the ring?"

My heart rate picks up, but I still tell the truth.

"Two times."

Master Fu lets out a grunt and pulls a small book out from the bookshelf beside him. He turns to certain page and turns the book to face my way.

The book showed a large '3' and it was surrounded by words I could not understand.

"What is this?" I ask, the number on the page sticking out to me the most.

"For the Cat Miraculous, if the user threatens to give the Kwami away three times, the kwami must take the miraculous and return to the Guardian. The Guardian then must either choose a new holder or reset the miraculous." Master Fu reads word for word from the book.

"Reset the miraculous? What does that mean?" I ask, my voice raising a little at the fear of his response.

"That means... anything that deals with the cat miraculous must be started over. Meaning that you will cease to exist and a new kwami will be formed for the miraculous. Your memory, and anyone's memories of you will be erased permanently." The man told me. The look in his eyes were almost deadly as he looked at me.

"If push comes to shove..." I begin, my eyes seemingly clouding over at the information I just received. "...would you erase me?"

"Only time will tell, my dear." Master Fu didn't look me in the eye as he said this, matter of fact, he didn't look at me at all.

This caused me to push back from my chair, and storming out of his home, my eyes seeming like a waterfall as I cried harshly.

                                       |~|

I didn't return to the Agreste Mansion until the next night. Luckily there were no Akuma attacks, so I didn't need to return.

I phased through Adrien's bedroom wall before turning into a human. There, I saw a pacing Adrien, his eyes seemed to be as bloodshot as mine were yesterday.

Not feeling like talking to him, I quietly walked to the bathroom, however my plan was intercepted when the floor creaked under my footsteps.

Cringing, I turned to face Adrien. He looked like he wanted to strangle me as he got closer, but settled for crushing me in his arms.

"Where have you been! There could have been so many things that went wrong, in your absence. That was so irresponsible of you,
(Y/N)!" Adrien seethed.

'Irresponsible?'

That word completely shattered the happy feeling I had by getting wrapped in his arms. It instead filled me with an unadulterated anger.

Shoving him away, I glared at him with absolute fury and got in my side of the bed, keeping myself far away from him.

"You would certainly know about irresponsible, wouldn't you Adrien?"

It was safe to say, that Adrien and I slept on opposite sides of the bed for the full night.