Chapter 16: Secrets

Before the awkward encounter between the couple, the girls were about to follow Olivia.

— "Where are you all going?" — Joe asked intrigued.

— "We have something very important to do." — Sophie answered.

— "We're in the middle of an investigation." — Emma affirmed.

— "And what are you investigating?" — Harrison wondered.

— "We want to know if... We want to know if..." — Lindsey tried to come up with a response, but couldn't.

— "The truth is we think Tom will propose to Olivia and we want to see it. So bye!" — Priyanka explained and they left quickly without letting the guys talk.

— "Did Tom tell you anything?" — Nick asked Harrison, who shook his head confused.

— "So Tom didn't tell either of you about proposing?" — Joe questioned and both denied.

— "Is there a chance he wanted it to be a really good surprise and kept it a secret?" — Jason wondered as they all looked at each other.

Back to Tom and Olivia, there was still something to figure out.

— "What do you mean, Olivia?" — he asked not understanding.

— "Tom, I love you. I really do. But I don't think we're ready to be married. I see it some day, but not yet. I'm very sorry." — she expressed with pity.

— "What are you talking about? I'm not proposing." — Tom stated with a chuckled.

— "Wait, what?" — Olivia and the girls who were hiding had the same reaction with their eyes wide open.

— "Why would you think that?" — he asked.

— "Why are you on one knee?" — she queried.

— "I dropped my phone before you got here. But with our conversation, I forgot to actually pick it up." — Tom replied as he finally took his phone and sat down on the couch.

— "I'm going to die right now. I'm so embarrassed. I'm sorry, Tommy." — Liv declared sitting next to him covering her face with her hands.

— "It's okay, Liv! It's all good. Don't worry about it." — he told her.

— "So if you weren't going to propose, why did you invite me here?" — she asked.

— "I asked you to come because I wanted to apologize. I've been acting like a jerk with all this Jason and you stuff. I don't know why I got jealous and tried so hard to impress you more than he did." — Tom shared and she laughed, which confused him.

— "Oh, Tommy! Did you really think Jason was impressing me?" — Olivia questioned.

— "I don't know! I don't know what I was even thinking. I'm sorry for being quite an idiot." — he finished his apology.

— "You are totally forgiven. Just don't get yourself hurt next time, please." — she responded and he nodded. — "And I love you. Never forget that." — Liv added.

— "I'll try." — Tom joked making her smile before they kissed.

They stood up to go back to the suite and the other four ladies almost ran away. But the elevator didn't close fast enough.

— "Oh hey, you all! What were you doing?" — Olivia greeted them suspecting something.

— "The usual, you know, having some girl time and walking." — Emma commented.

They stood in silence the rest of the ride.

— "Congrats!" — the four guys exclaimed as they entered, while the four spies were doing mimics for them to shut up.