Chapter 8: New Steps

There were two stealers on the apartment. One of them was going through Olivia's room and noticed some valuable objects that it's partner needed to see.

— "Dude, there is some good jewelry here." — the one in the room was saying while walking to the living room. — "Woah, what happened here? What did you do?" — same one asked trying not to freak out with the two unconscious ladies on the floor.

— "They weren't supposed to be here at this time, Eagle." — the first one replied.

— "Just put them in a corner and come on, Rhino." — the thief responding to the nickname Eagle commanded.

— "I will." — it's partner, Rhino, affirmed.

Both went to the room and found Olivia's jewelry. Their attention was called mostly by Tom's gifts, especially the necklaces and promise ring.

— "These girls don't even try to hide this stuff." — Eagle mentioned with joy.

— "Look at these shoes. We can get almost a thousand with just this pair." — Rhino pointed out taking Priyanka's shoes.

They checked almost everywhere and took a lot of things including their tablets and computers. Even took their cellphones and wallets. Eagle was a burglar, but never wanted to hurt anyone.

— "Are we gonna leave them there?" — it wondered.

— "Of course, since when do you care? Stop looking at them and let's go. Everyone is working so we probably won't get caught." — Rhino expressed moving quickly.

— "I'm sorry about this." — Eagle told the unconscious bodies of the girls and gave them their phones back. — "At least you can call a loved one." — it added before leaving.

An hour after the thieves left, Olivia and Priyanka were waking up again. Slowly and with effort, they opened their eyes.

— "Are you okay, Liv?" — Pri asked first trying to stand up.

— "Yeah, you?" — her friend did the same thing.

— "Yes... I thought this was a bad dream." — Priyanka complained devastated looking around.

— "First we get fired. Now, we got robbed. What's next? Will our boyfriends break up with us?" — Olivia almost yelled with anger and frustration.

A moment of silence was enough to hear some barks. They followed them to the bathroom revealing two corgis who got locked by the burglars. The owners petted them for a second making sure they were alright.

— "This is unbelievable. They took our laptops and tablets." — Pri noted. — "And our wallets!" — she added checking her little backpack.

Both quickly called the bank to freeze their cards before the robbers got them on bankrupt. Then they went to the room and Olivia screamed.

— "They took all my jewelry. They took the things Tommy gave me." — Liv commented with tears running down her cheeks.

— "And my shoes Nick gifted me!" — Priyanka followed the cried.

— "What are we gonna do now?" — Olivia wondered.

They tried to be strong, but looking around to the mess caused that both started crying. They hugged each other tightly for a minute and then wiped off their tears. The friends picked up their broken frames and stuff thrown around. Then sat down on the floor with their pets to think.

— "This is a disaster. Just when we got fired." — Priyanka said.

— "We should call someone." — Liv suggested.