2

I freaked out and jumped back, in complete dis belief of what had just happened, when there was a knock at the door and without even bothering to wait for my reply, in stormed heather moaning in her usual whiny tone ,
'Wheres my hairbrush? You should really get your own and Stop taking mine, you never put it back in my bathroom!'
She didn't even seem to notice the look of horror on my face, she was too consumed in her own petty issues.
"Its over there" I said, pointing to my bedside table and hurrying to hide the gap in the wall of my cupboard, not that she would have noticed it either way, by now she was busy brushing her long, blonde hair. I always envied her hair, I was stuck with a choppy brown mess that didn't look good no matter how hard I tried to style it. I grabbed my shoes and rushed to get dressed, trying to keep my focus off of the mysterious door in my cupboard.
That night all I could think of was the door. What was it? How come I had never noticed it before? I lay in my bed with these thoughts consuming me sending shivers down my spine until finally I managed to built up my courage and decided to have a look. I tip toed out of my bed, grabbing my phone for a light and being careful not to make much noise as I crossed the room to my cupboard. It felt as though it took hours to cross the room, I stopped every time I made even the slightest noise, I was so eager to investigate my strange new discovery, the last thing I needed was for heather to come in complaining about being woken up. I reached my cupboard and gently pushed the wall. With a bit of effort I managed to open the 'door' as quietly as possible and scanned what lay beneath, an old stairway that looked terribly neglected with thousands of spiderwebs glistening in my torchlight and a strong musty smell tickling my nose, I fought the urge to sneeze. How did I never notice this before? Surely my parents would have known this was here when we moved into the house so many years ago.