𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 - 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 🧭

[Thursday, April 1, 2021]

————

[In the conference room]

[Hyunjin's POV]
We all performed Miroh as the Introduction Stage in the first episode of Kingdom, which aired today.

While waiting for MC Changmin and MC Yunho to reveal the winners of the Introduction Stage, we were all seated in the conference room, staring at the projector screen.

As the clip started playing, MC Yunho and Changmin started off, "Kingdom: Legendary War. The first ranking of KINGDOM that you are all dying to find out. The face-to-face performance. The global evaluation results.... are in our hands." MC Changmin commented as he raised his cue card. "You are curious, aren't you?" The order of announcement will be 5th place, 4th place, 3rd place, 6th place, and 1st and 2nd place. It will be announced in that order." He stated.

All of us were yelling in disbelief, and some of us were even rolling our seats back in surprise. While both MCs were revealing the rankings, we progressively felt relieved but also nervous since, even though our group was not announced during the first three rankings, there was still a potential that we might be announced in the final three rankings.

"We've announced rankings for three teams thus far. We still have three teams yet to be announced." MC Yunho stated.

ATEEZ came in 5th place, followed by SF9 in 4th place, and BTOB in 3rd place according to the teams that have been announced so far. Our team, iKON, and The Boyz were the last teams remaining.

"I'm sorry, but could you just text me the results? I'm scared." Standing up, Han asked.
"Hey, we're really in danger." Changbin replied.
"What if we're really in 6th place?" Han said, expressing his doubt.

"Then I'll announce 6th place first." MC Yunho carried on, as the clip continued to play. The tension between the three remaining teams was intense.
"Who do you think it is?" MC Yunho teased.
"We have an unexpected result."
"To be honest, I wanted to avoid being in last place." Our youngest member, I.N said.
"We'll announce 6th place." MC Yunho stated.

We were all taken aback when iKON was announced as the sixth team. Following that, there are just two teams left. The Boyz and our team.

"All right. The remaining 2 teams have a chance of placing 1st." MC Yunho stated.
"So they are going to announce first place now?" Chan asked.
"I'm nervous now," Lee Know admitted.

As we continued to focus our attention on the announcement, we were all sighing, taking deep breaths, and clasping our hands together. MC Changmin went on to say, "Is it the winning group of "Road to Kingdom", THE BOYZ that danced perfectly in sync? Or... is it the group that showed their wild side by coming up with the perfect choreography? Will it be Stray Kids?"

"The nervousness I'm feeling right now isn't from anxiety. It's a good kind of nervousness that enables me to be more ambitious." Changbin said.
"Since we made it this far, I hoped that we'd win." Seungmin continued.

"Which team will take the first victory on Kingdom?" MC Changmin asked
"I'll announce it." MC Yunho said.

"Show it to us, show it to us!" Seungmin exclaimed.
"Please, give me a reason to make my mom proud." Changbin said.

"The group that won first place in the Introduction Stage is... Stray Kids." MC Yunho revealed.

Upon hearing that, all of us stood up, screaming and yelling in delight and disbelief, and hugged each other as we realized we had won first place in the Introduction Stage!

"We won! We placed first!" Changbin exclaimed, happily.
"Can we listen to it again?" Felix asked, his face beaming.
"Let's listen to it 100 times!" Changbin suggested.

We replayed the video, and the shock and delight of hearing it again and again sparked our excitement. We all joyfully yelled, "STAY! We love you, STAY!" as a way of expressing our gratitude to our fans.

————
710 words.
a/n
i had to re-watch ep 1&2 to get the dialogue haha but i think this might be the longest chapter I've written so far :)
————
Episode(s) referred to in this chapter:
- Ep 1 & 2 of Kingdom: Legendary War
————
krispyylix_