Chapter 5

You're not alone, together we stand

I'll be by your side, you know, I'll take your hand

When it gets cold and it feels like the end

There's no place to go, you know, I won't give in

No, I won't give in

Avril Lavigne, Keep Holding On

---

He was probably gonna collapse soon.

He was simply exhausted. His weekend had been absolutely crazy. On Saturday, Adrien had three different photoshoots. One in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the middle of the night because, as the photographer said, The Eiffel Tower at night is so romantic!

Yeah, he knew that probably even better than anyone. After all, he often had the best view.

On Sunday, only five hours after the previous photoshoot ended, he got woken up by Nathalie because something happened with the pictures of the first photo shoot and they had to do it all again. And after that, they had a charity event starting at four, where Chloe only left his side once for exactly three minutes and forty seconds, when he went to the bathroom.

All he wanted was to sleep and forget about this awful weekend. But he couldn't. Not now.

"Ugh, please tell me this is all over," Plagg complained once they were finally in Adrien's room.

"Almost. We got one more thing to do."

"Can't it wait? I've been stuck in your bag all day and then in your pocket, which didn't have enough space for me to bring my cheese, so I haven't eaten any in hours! This was the worst weekend of my life! I just wanna eat and sleep!"

"I promise we'll do it soon, Plagg. But I wanna go see Marinette."

"Why?" Plagg whined. "It's late, she's probably sleeping!"

"Because I haven't seen her at all this weekend and I just wanna make sure that she's alright!"

"Ugh, this is my life from now on, isn't it?"

"Yep. Plagg, claws out!"

---

"Marinette, what's gonna happen now?"

"I don't know, Tikki."

"This is a disaster!"

"Yeah, you're right Trixx."

"Master Marinette, he's getting married! Married!"

"I know, Wayzz."

"But not to her!"

"It's gonna be okay, Pollen, I promise."

"She should do something!"

"You know what Barkk, she probably will."

"This is horrible! What's gonna happen now?"

"Kaalki, we'll probably find out if we watch the movie."

"Oh, this is too much for me!" Tikki suddenly exclaimed, covering her eyes.

Half of the kwamis started laughing while the others followed Tikki's lead and covered their eyes, as though they were watching a horror movie and not a romantic comedy. They were all lying in Marinette's bed, watching yet another movie on the teenager's laptop. She had barely moved from her bed all weekend, only getting out to go to the kitchen to bring some snacks for everyone or to go to the bathroom. Alya had asked her to come and hang out at her place, but honestly, all she had wanted was to be a couch potato for one weekend. She simply wasn't in the mood to pretend to be happy, to talk about what had happened or to even think, for that matter.