Chapter 2

Come just as you are to me, don't need apologies.
Know that you are worthy.
I'll take your bad days with your good.
Walk through the storm, I would.
I do it all because I love you.
I love you.
Katy Perry, Unconditionally

***

Princess Justice was now standing on the roof of the school, her earrings in her clenched fist, carefully watching the few people she had put on trial below. She didn't know what was going to happen if the sword decided that they were guilty. Would they die?

Somewhere far inside, Marinette panicked. What was going to happen to these poor innocents? Which, by the way, didn't include Lila. She didn't want the girl to die, of course, but she just couldn't bring herself to truly feel sorry about her... ahh, unfortunate situation.

Princess Justice, on the other hand, didn't care about any of them. At all.

She used to be like Atlas, holding the world on her shoulders and letting the weight of it all crushed her down. She used to bow to it, bow to everyone. She used to do everything that was expected of her. She used to be who they wanted her to be. They wanted her to live for them? Yes, of course. They wanted her to fight for them? Sure, no problem. They wanted her to die for them? Fine, she would.

Well, not anymore. Never again.

Now, it was their turn. They would learn what it was like to be hurt. They would learn what true fear was. They would learn what it was like to be her. They would learn that the world was far heavier than they thought.

They would pay for everything.

"Ahhh, isn't it just absolutely paw-some to be here, just the two of us, Princess?"

Chat Noir watched her turn around slowly, a small smile on her lips.

"Finally. You got me waiting."

Things were absolutely shitty right now, but Chat had to admit that Marinette was ridiculously stunning as Princess Justice.

She was wearing a long purple and gold Greek-style dress which was fitting tightly around her body, showing off curves Adrien never knew she had. The dress had a slit on each side that showed off her long legs and her gold high heels, shoes he couldn't believe she would be able to fight in. Like, c'mon, it was Marinette. Marinette! The girl who could barely walk without falling!

A crown of amethyst was resting on top of her head, perfectly contrasting with the darkness of her hair, which was now much longer, stopping a little under her waist and flying around her, even without any wind. The heavy makeup around her eyes made them seem even bluer, and the pink on her lips and cheeks made her look so healthy, so alive. And suddenly Adrien realized, guilt eating him alive, that Marinette hadn't looked healthy and alive in a long time.

Neither had Ladybug.

No, he thought, now's not the time to think about that.

Princess Justice also had a bunch of gold accessories. Necklaces, bracelets, a huge sword. But the little gold purse around her, the only thing that reminded Adrien of his friend, told him everything he needed to know.

The akuma was in there, no doubt. Now he just had to wait for his Lady, and...

"She's not coming," Marinette, no, Princess Justice, said in a singsong voice.