𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

WITH HER FRIENDS IN CAPTIVITY, OMEGA WAS ON HER OWN. the entire mission depended on omega, and the blonde girl wasn't sure how she felt about it. she was thrilled to be a part of something, to do something other than 'stay where you are' or 'don't move.' but this was different, and she knew that.

after visiting crosshair, she went back to her room. she hoped that crosshair would take her advice and see his friends. omega hated seeing him like that, being someone he's not.

she sat on her bed and allowed her eyes to scan her room. she felt more at home with the bad batch, sleeping in her little space on the havoc marauder. this room she was in wasn't a room; it was a prison cell. she picked up a stuffed toy on her bed, although it wasn't as memorable as the lula wrecker gave her. she sets the toy back down and gets up, walking around her room. she picks up a ball, tossing it up and down, trying to find some joy in the waiting.

she lost control of the ball, it rolling under the bed. she exhaled, getting on her stomach to grab her toy, but she found something else instead. her tiny hands grabbed onto a small box, pulling it out into the open. she looked at it in awe, her mind wandering to what could be inside. omega tried to open the box, but the lid seemed to be glued shut. what was so important that the box had to be sealed? as she was trying to pry it open, she saw two letters carved into the box's material: vk. omega thought for a moment; who could that be? her eyes widened with a realization: vana kenobi. was this room vana's before it was omega's?

before she could continue, her door opened. omega shoved the box under her bed again and stood before nala se, who looked at her curiously.

"are you settling back in alright? we're delighted to have you back," the kaminoan spoke softly, eyeing the little blonde girl in front of her.

"i'm settling in alright, thank you."

"good, well, i'll leave you." the kaminoan left her swiftly, leaving omega to try and open that box again.

_______

with one final pry, the box popped open, the lid almost flying out of omega's hands. she set the lid aside, her eyes lighting up with curiosity. she sees a couple of holorecordings, but what intrigues her the most is a small, braided piece of hair laying in the back of the box. she was surprised it was still intact if this box was vana's. she didn't know what the braid could be from; maybe it was a souvenir? omega didn't have much time to think before nala se came in again. the blonde kicked the box under the bed again, straightening up.

"i'm sorry to bother you, but we need your assistance in the lab."

"assistance? what could i help with?" omega answered; she learned too much from hunter.

"there's no time to waste," she kaminoan holds out her hand, but omega doesn't take it. she hesitantly walks out, giving the underside of her bed one last look. maybe, if she saw vana again, she could ask her what the braid was for.

_______

ok so this was a little bit of a filler chapter but since ya girl decided she needs an outline for the rest of the book, things pick up again quickly after this 😈. anyways, thank you so so much for all your support! your guys' comments are always brightening my day and i look forward to your reactions every time. pls enjoy this little filler before things kick back up again! love you guys!