44. Drunk Mateo, Fun Mateo

"Veronica," someone shakes me and I smack my lips and turn away

"Veronica," someone shakes me and I smack my lips and turn away. I haven't slept this good in a long time and I am not about to wake up.

"Vero wake up we have to go," I recognize the voice and realize it's Alison. I turn to look at her and squint at her. "It's already five-thirty. The boys will be here in twenty minutes." I nod my head and fall back onto the pillow.

All of us decided to just leave at six because it'll be fun. Alison is gonna be riding with Alejandro in their car, Adam and I are riding with Mateo in his truck.

Alison stayed the night yesterday which means we didn't sleep until two in the morning. We were just trying not to laugh the whole time. The boys spent the night at Mateo's house to make it easier for today.

"Veronica get up already!" Alison whisper yells and throws a pillow at my head. I don't even try to move the pillow since I'm already half asleep. I'm not gonna change, I'm gonna stay in my sweats and long sleeve shirt. All I have to do is brush my teeth, wash my face, and use the bathroom if I need to.

"It's still early," I mumble against the pillow. Alison doesn't say anything and I'm asleep once again. But a few seconds later I'm being shaken again. I just wanna sleep.

"Alison, it's still early," I push the hands off of me and turn over. I hear a deep chuckle come from the other side and recognize that it's Mateo.

"V you have to get up. You can sleep in the truck," he rubs my back and I groan. Ali and I shouldn't have fallen asleep so late. I just wanna pull Mateo on the bed and cuddle up with him. But I have to get up, I was the main one saying we should leave at six in the morning. I turn back and open my eyes, Mateo is kneeled beside me and has a small smile on his face.

"Good morning," he whispers. He begins to move the covers off of me and I can feel the cold air hit my body. Mateo grabs my hands and begins to pull me up. My feet touch the hardwood floor and I lean against him. All I wanna do is be in bed. I rub my eyes with the palm of my hands and begin to walk towards the bathroom. I hear Mateo plop down onto my bed as I close the door.

I quickly brush my teeth, wash my face, and use the restroom. You would think that washing my face would wake me up...I didn't. When I walk out of the bathroom, Mateo is still laying down on my bed, his head turns towards me when he hears the door and he smiles. I send him a sleepy smile and slip on my crocs.

"Are you ready to go?" Mateo asks and gets up from the bed. I nod my head and walk towards my bag. Mateo grabs it before I can and gently places his hand on my lower back. "Do you have everything?" I look around the room and make sure everything is packed. My charger and headphones aren't there anymore so Alison must've packed them.

"Yeah," I mutter and turn off the lights. We both walk down the stairs and see my parents. I'm guessing everyone is already outside in the cars waiting.