15. I Need You

Opening my eyes, I'm met with cream colored walls instead of my grey ones

Opening my eyes, I'm met with cream colored walls instead of my grey ones. The sun is shining through the windows which makes the room look alive. I stop looking around when someone sighs next to me.

Veronica is sound asleep, her head on my bicep, the blanket pulled up to her nose. She looks so calm and peaceful. Her skin looks smooth as ever. Her dark wavy hair pulled up against the pillow. Her eyes are still puffy from last night. All I can think about is how beautiful this girl is.

My beautiful girl.

I slowly reach over to the nightstand trying not to wake Veronica up. Once I pick up my phone, I look at the time and see that it's 8:37am. If only we can stay like this forever. Last night was a mess. I didn't intend to start that argument with my parents but it happened. The worst part was that Mariana was watching the whole thing. She looked scared and upset when I turned to face her. I couldn't even comfort her and tell her I would never yell at her. I just walked out of the house and drove to the first person I thought of. Veronica.

Sighing, I put the phone back onto the nightstand and look back down at Veronica. God gave me an opportunity to meet this amazing girl and I am not planning on letting go soon. We might still be friends right now, but what matters to me is that she likes me for who I am. Marisela always told me to give my heart to someone special, and I'm planning to give my heart to this girl right here.

"Veronica," I whisper while shaking her lightly. "V wake up. It's time for me to go." She turns around so she's facing my chest now and sighs, but her eyes are still closed. "Veronicaaa," still shaking her. "Come on sweetheart, wake up." Her eyes start to flutter open, she brings up her hand to rub the sleepiness out of them. Once she's awake, she looks up at me and I smile at her. "Good morning," I beamed as she just blinked. She's literally just blinking at me and my heart feels like it's going to explode.

"Good morning Mateo," she smiles at me while moving to sit up. I have the sudden urge to just pull her back down and hug her till we fall back asleep. The things I would do just to leave this world and be on my own with her. "What time is it?" She questions as she turns around to look at me. I feel my cheeks heat up as she stares at me. God this girl is even making me blush. Grabbing my phone off the nightstand once again I read the time.

"8:45. I would've let you sleep more but I didn't want to leave without saying bye." Her cheeks start turning into a rosy peach color that makes my heart go wild.

"Thank you. For last night I mean." She clears her throat and continues to talk. "Whenever I have breakdowns like that I always call Alison but whenever she doesn't I'm alone." I start to rub her back gently that way she feels some sort of comfort. Although I don't know her secrets, I know for a fact she feels alone. Just like me.

"I'm always going to be here if you need anything." Bringing her into my embrace, I hear her sigh as I continue to rub her back. "Are your parents home?" I ask her, actually wondering if they're home. "Yeah, but they're most likely knocked out. They went to a banquet yesterday for my Dad's job." I nod my head in an understanding manner. I then reluctantly pull back from our warm embrace, I instantly miss the feeling of her in my arms. But I have to head home and see if Mariana is okay.