Hi Alex

*~* Emma *~*

I was waiting with the rest of the wives and girlfriends and families of the players. I hid behind some people when the Boston players went by and Alex didn't see me. I let out the breath I was holding and hoped that Bucky would shower and dress quick. For that I was lucky, as he was the third person out along with Steve. I gave Bucky a hug. "Congrats super star! Nice goal!"

"Thanks, doll. It was a rush. Looks like you were lucky for me." I blushed at his comment and turned to talk to Steve.

"Nice win Steve!"

"Thanks Emma. The crowd was great tonight."

"Always is. Our diehards are amazing."

"Crap, I forgot something," Bucky said. "I'll be right back." He went back into the locker room.

Someone called Steve over and I was by myself again. And then I wasn't.

"Hi Emmalina." I closed my eyes wishing I was somewhere else. No such luck. I turned around.

"Hi Alex."

"You look good Emma."

"Thanks. Nice game. Sorry you lost."

"No, you're not. You're too happy with the Ducks win."

"Well, this is home, you know."

"Can we talk in private Emmalina? Please?" As he caressed my cheek.

*~*Bucky*~*

I came out of the locker room and saw Emma talking with Alex Pierce. I saw him touch her face and she flinched. I took that as my cue to step in.

"Emma!" I yelled.

She turned and looked at me and smiled. I approached her and gave her a hug. "Sorry, I forgot my puck."

"It's ok. James, this is Alex. Alex this is James."

We shook hands and he took a real good look at me. "You used to play for the Rangers, right?"

"Yeah, just got traded to Anaheim."

"They called you the Winter Soldier there, right?"

I hated that nickname. "I used to be," I said trying to keep my cool. "Hey doll, Steve's waiting and he said that he would buy you that cinnamon roll you were asking for."

"Cinnamon roll?" Her eyes looked confused for a second and then realized what I was trying to do. "Oh right! We should get going before they close. It was nice seeing you, Alex." She grabbed my hand.

"Nice seeing you again, Barnes. Bye Emma."

I pulled Emma with me away from Alex. As soon as we were far enough away, she sagged against me and said, "thank you."

"Any time doll, but why did you need saving?"

"Because he's my ex-boyfriend."

I was not expecting that. Ryan, I guess was nearby and approached us. "Emma? Were you just talking to Alex?"

"Yes. I got caught on my own and he took advantage. Bucky saved me so we're all good." She flashed a smile my way.

"Thanks, Barnes, for helping Emma. Just so you know, a couple of the guys saw you and Alex, and they are pissed. You may want to leave before they say anything. They aren't mad at you, Em, but that he had the balls to speak to you. You need a ride?"

"No, I drove. I'm sure the guys will make sure I get there. Thank Ry. Great game by the way!"

"Thanks Em! See you later. Barnes, see you at practice."

"Sure Cap, have a good night." I turned to Emma, looking for an explanation.

She looked at me and said, "can we talk somewhere else? I might cry and then the team will get upset."

"Sure, we can, doll. Anywhere you want."

"Can we go back to your place? Its best if I tell you and Steve at the same time."