(2) Living Hell.

"So what did you say to your mom, Ashley and Spencer?" Missy asks as she has a spoonful of her dinner.

"I said that it was a year long school trip. Thankfully they believed it with the help of this one" I say cheerfully as I put my arm around Jerry.

"Always happy to help" He says with his mouth full of food.

"Seriously how can you eat that stuff?" I ask Missy as I stare at her food and take a bite of my burger.

"It's nutritious and delicious" She says as she takes a bite of celery.

"Ugh, I'd rather have food with taste thanks" I say and take another big bite of my burger.

"Hey some of us have to work to get a figure!!" She exclaims. "We aren't all born with it" She says gesturing to my thin body.

"Hey! I work out!" I exclaim back.

"And then you gain it all back with you burgers!" She says with a small laugh. I  lean over and smack her arm making her give me a look of shock. "You wanna play dirty?" She jokes.

"I'm not a fan of clean" I smirk and run out of the door onto the streets. I hear her behind me but I keep running until I crash into someone.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going" They say. I look up and see a girl around my age with some books in her hand.

"Nah, it's fine. Just don't let it happen again" I tell her. She nods and gives me a small smile.

"There you are you little shit!" Missy's voice yells.

"Gotta go" I tell the girl and quickly rush away. Missy throws something my way but I dodge it. I look back at the floor and see a butter knife. "Are you trying to fucking kill me?" I exclaim still running.

"Gonna have to try harder than that, K" Missy says from behind me.

"Alright then" I shout back and keep running into the main part of town.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She exclaims. I turn around to her.

"Trying harder" I say with a wink and begin to run through the car, dodging them with flips and jumps. A car beeps as it comes near me. I wait until it's a few centimeters away from me before I jump and flip over it. I laugh when I see the driver flip me off.

"Kira!" Missy shouts. I wink at her and do a back flip over the passing car without looking. She looks at me gobsmacked. I laugh and run away from her and down an alley to catch my breath.

"That was something" Someone says. I look up and see a guy about a year older than me.

"Thank you" I breathe.

"Here" He says and hands me a bottle of water. I grab it.

"Thanks" I say and take a big swig of the water.

"You're not from round here are you?" He asks in his Australian accent. I shake my head and stand upright.

"No" I say.

"Tyler" He says as he holds out his hand for me to shake.

"Kira" I shake his hand.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Kira" He says in a British accent. I laugh at his failed attempt.

"The pleasure is all mine" I reply.

"Kira?" Missy's voice echoes.

"I should go" I say slowly. Tyler nods.

"See you around?" He asks. I smirk and walk backwards.

"No promises" I reply. He smirks and I turn around and run off to Missy.

"What the fuck was that about?" Missy growls at me as she pushes me against the wall. I laugh at her.

"Woah Missy, it was just a little bit of fun" I joke.

"Fun? You call that fun? You could've gotten killed!" She exclaims.

"Rule number 1: Never be afraid to die" I say whispering the last part before pushing her off me and walking back to the house.

"How was your chase?" Brandon asks. I give him a look.

"Well let's see. I ran out of the house, Missy chased me, she threw a butter knife near my face, so I ran between a bunch of cars doing parkour then I met a dude called Tyler. Then when I left Missy pushed me against the wall so i set her straight" I say as if it happens all the time as I get a glass of water. "How was dinner?" I breathe.

"It was good" Tom says warily as he side steps past me making me laugh.

"Don't gve me that look, it was Missy's fault" I exclaim at him.

"Maybe we should go and get some rest?" Jerry suggests. "We've had a long flight and we have to be up early tomorrow" I look at him.

"Why?" I ask warily. He smirks as he walks past me.

"You're going to school" He says. I gasp and pounce on him making him fall to the floor.

"What do you mean 'I'm going to school'?" I ask.

"Exactly what I said" He pushes me off him and walks up the stairs to his room. I turn to Brandon.

"Please tell me this is some kind of a sick joke?" I plead at him. He shakes his head and leaves me standing there like a lost puppy.

___________

"Hi how can I help you?" The chirpy lady at the desk asks. I grimace at her happiness.

"Hello, my name is Jerry Saunders and this is Kira Palmer and Missy Prior. They're new here" He says. The lady smiles at us making me and Missy exchange a look.

"Oh of course, we've been expecting you!" She exclaims as she gets our schedules. I give Jerry a 'What The Fuck' look. He just gives me a shrug. I stick my middle finger up to him before the woman comes back. "Okay here's your schedules. Your locker numbers are on the sheet and the key is in the wallet. I'm Mrs Avery" She says. I grab the sheets and walk away without a second glance.

Missy catches up with me.

"Please stick a fork in my neck" She says as the crowd start to part for us. I slowly look at Missy with a small smirk. She does the same.

"I heard they're in a gang"

"Louis said they came here from London"

"They're not even pretty!"

"I heard that they did drugs"

"I heard they've been to jail"

I laugh at what people say about us.

"Why hello there" Someone says. I turn around and see a guy who looks about a year older than us.

"Can we help you?" Missy asks in a bored tone. He smirks and steps towards us. Missy backs away a little but I don't.

"Why yes you can" He says as goes to grab my ass but I grab his hand, twist it, kick his legs so he falls and twist his arm behind his back.

"Don't ever, try to touch us again or I swear to god, I will make your life a god damn living hell" I snarl at him. He nods quickly making me let go of his arm and he gets up quickly and leaves. "Lets go to homeroom" I say to Missy. She stares at me before nodding.