favorite crime | dnf

( tw: angst )

favorite crime by olivia rodrigo
| dream was a criminal, george was in love |

heaven and hell.

the perfect words to describe the relationship between an angel and a devil. the perfect words to describe what george had to go through to keep loving dream.

it wasn't as if george fell in love with a criminal on the run. he fell in love with a man who loved him more everyday. a man who loved the way george's nose would crinkle up when he laughed softly, the way george's eyes lit up when seeing something he loved, and the way george was full of so much love.

not a man who was selfish and kept secrets.

maybe these secrets were for the better. maybe these secrets were keeping dream sane. in the end, they made george feel shut out. but he went through so much to call dream his.

once you start loving someone, it's hard to stop.

george promised he'd follow dream everywhere. from their home in hot, sunny florida to the snow covered ground in alaska. george didn't think running away from police sirens was apart of that. he had seen those bright blue and red flashing lights so many times, he had started to become accustomed.

and while becoming accustomed to those bright lights, george had also gotten used to a very distant relationship with dream.

it started with a fight after dream had yet again barely slipped away from the police.

"dream, what do you even do to get this close to being behind bars?" george asked after hearing dream slam the motel door behind him.

"don't worry about it, baby." dream smiled and hugged george from behind, who was ironing clothes.

george set down the iron and sighed.

"what's up?" dream asked.

george turned around in dream's arms and looked into his eyes, "you, clay."

"what?" dream's hold on george's waist loosened. hearing his real name escape george's mouth made his happiness turn sour.

"you leave in the morning and come back in the middle of the night. do you know how scary that is? and you won't even tell me what you were doing? i can hear the police sirens from here, clay." george crossed his arms over his chest.

"listen- it's better if i keep this to myself. okay?" dream tried to smile.

"you keep everything to yourself, clay." george lowered dream's arms and took a step back, "it's like you don't trust me anymore."

dream sighed, "of course i trust you, george. i'm just trying to protect you."

"you used to tell me everything. everything, clay. now you won't even tell me when you're leaving or when you're coming back."

"last week you said you were going to get dinner and you came back ten hours later. if i had a dollar for every time you've lied to me, i'd be damn rich."

dream stood and stared at george. his hands felt numb and his head felt light. he hated fighting with george. just seeing george with a worried expression on his face made dream feel nauseous.