Chapter 2

Dawn woke up to the sun barely peeking in to her large window. She got out of bed and bit down on her tongue when her toes touched the floor. It was ice cold in the room. Her body immediately began shaking.

“Please don’t let anybody be in the bathroom,” she whispered. She did a happy dance when she saw that all the lights were off. “Yes! Thank you internal alarm clock.”

Dawn pulled her suitcase into the bathroom and quickly turned on the water. She felt the chill leaving her body as the room filled with steam. It normally only took her ten minutes to bathe but she purposely sat in the shower for a long time. It wasn’t until the water started to turn cold that she actually got out.

“Whoops,” she frowned. “I hope they don’t wake up for a while because they’ll freeze.”

Dawn slipped into her jeans and pulled on a pair of thick boots. She coupled that with a long sleeved shirt and a snow jacket.

“This won’t do,” she mumbled. The shower had warmed her up but she could still feel the cold starting to seep through. She felt like such an idiot for not packing warmer. This town was high up by the mountain. Of course it was going to be cold.

She quickly dried her hair, brushed her teeth, and threw her suitcase back in the room. For a split second she contemplated waiting for the others until the smell of strong coffee hit her nose.

Her feet carried down the stairs and into the kitchen. Standing there was Roman, Ivan, and a female that looked like Ivan.

“Good morning,” she boldly said when she realized no one was going to talk.

“Good morning,” smiled the female. “I’m Adriana.”

“I’m Dawn. You’re coffee smells delicious.”

Adriana laughed, turning towards the coffee maker. She poured some into a large mug and handed it to Dawn.

“Cream is in the fridge and sugar is on the counter,” said Ivan.

Dawn nodded, adding a good amount of both. She liked her coffee sweet. After a glance around the kitchen she shrugged and sat down at the large table.

“Are you wearing that today?” asked Roman.

Dawn was surprised by his voice but angrier that he was questioning her attire. “Excuse me? Since when do you…”

He held up his hand, successfully silencing her. “I should have worded that better. It’s very cold, especially higher up in the mountains. It will also be snowing soon. This clothing will not provide warmth.”

Dawn sighed. “Okay, I do need warmer clothes. I wasn’t thinking properly. Is there a store here where I can buy some clothes?”

“Sure, I’ll take you,” said Adriana.