Hope

Evelyn tried to push the down the wave of disappointment that seemed to fill her, of course Damon had stared at her he had realised what a freak she was and how disgusting she was. Her heart ached as she ran the last length of the hall. She paused outside her room leaning heavily against the solid door. She couldn't believe she had been so stupid! They didn't even know each other but she had so desperately hoped that he would accept her or that he would save her but of course that's just daydreams. She stepped into the room closing the door quietly behind her and her head head against the wood, eyes closed she let herself indulge in the fantasies of escape she had so desperately wished for. Fantasy she thought she would finally achieve perched on the ridge of that waterfall. She wanted that feeling of freedom so much. She glanced towards her dress hanging over the chair and pulled the knife she kept for security out from between the material. She stared at it, the dull shine and scratched surface seemed like a dark reminder of all she hoped to leave behind in that place. She couldnt let herself get lost in these emotions, the only thing she could rely on was that feeling of freedom, in those brief seconds before the fall.

Damon frowned, he couldn't let himself get involved in a mess like her no matter how gorgeous she was. "You alright buddy?" Damon turned to face Sam, plastering a smile on his face "yeah, I'm fine" Sam sighed and shook his head "No, seriously I've never seen you look at a girl like that before. I mean I can understand she is hot but she obviously has baggage and I don't know just" Sam paused, shrugging "I just don't want to see you hurt again ok?" Damon tensed and nodded, he really didn't want to have this conversation not with anyone, not ever. "I'm going to go check on her" he murmured avoiding Sam's eyes, he couldn't bear to see the pity there. He had seen enough of it already. When he reached her room he froze before knocking. Did he really want to open a conversation with her? He wasn't sure if he could bear looking her in the eye. He shook his head, there's nothing wrong with making she was alright he reassured himself. He knocked gently "Eve?" He called, "are you ok? Do you need anything?" The was a dead silence from the other side and Damon was suddenly struck with fear, what if her concussion was worse than they thought what if she had collapsed? He practically bounded into the room, knocking the door aside. He stopped, skidding to a halt. "Eve? What the hell are you doing?"