A little bit longer

*Disclaimer* So I don't know a lot about Medical things so if I get things wrong I'm so sorry also I'm going to try and name each chapter after a song that relates to the chapter*

 Meredith's POV:

Hi, I'm Meredith Grey, I am 17 and I suffer from Kidney cancer and the only way I can get better is if I can get a kidney transplant. So I sit here at Seattle Grace waiting for a kidney for me because I'm not ready to die, I haven't lived my life yet I haven't been loved by someone yet.

I hardly ever get visitors while I've been admitted and the reasoning being is that my father left me when I was three and my mother, well my mother is the Ellis Grey, and she well she got me the treatment I needed but went straight back to work as she normally would and us per usual forgetting about how her daughter is sick and could be dying. 

In total, I have been in the cancer ward for a total of 5 weeks that is 35 days. 35 days since I found out I could die, 35 days since I found out that I have cancer and 35 days since I've waited for a kidney. I'm slowly losing hope and starting to think that this is how my life would end, everyone, leaves me and everyone forgetting who I am. I will die without leaving a legacy and without pursuing my dreams.

//

Derek's POV:

Hi my name is Derek Shepherd I'm 17 and I suffer from Leukemia and I'm currently getting treatment by using chemo and if that doesn't work we would have to try a bone marrow transplant, which I'm praying to God works because I'm not ready to die and leave my family and friends behind.

Every day my mum and sisters come and visit me ever since I got admitted and I guess it's because they are scared to lose me like we lost my dad all those years ago and I don't want them to have to go through all of the hardship of losing their only son and brother, so I can't die not today and not because of cancer.

In total, I have been in the cancer ward for 2 months that is 60 days but it could be worse at less I am having visitors and making friends here and there is a good chance of survival so I'm not really worried about dying all I am worried about is if I will still have the chance to pursue my dreams.

About 5 weeks ago I noticed that a new girl had been admitted to the ward and I swear my heart skipped a beat she was drop-dead stunning despite the obvious symptoms of the I presume kidney cancer she has, but nonetheless gorgeous in every shape and form. I really wanted to talk to her but I couldn't think or find the right words so I waited and before I knew it 5 weeks had passed and I still haven't talked to the mystery girl yet. 

//

Meredith's POV:

For my whole stay here there has been this guy and he keeps looking at me, I'm not used to getting all this attention from anyone I'm normally seen and not heard and sometimes not seen so this is all unfamiliar territory for me but I can't help but feel somewhat attracted to this man, but I know he is way out of my league so I will stuff my feelings down and keep quiet I'm good at being seen and not heard.

Hi everyone! So this is my new story I've had the idea in my head for a while so I thought I would put pen to paper lol, anyway I hope you like it and don't forget to comment and vote!

Have a great day!

-Cerys