Charlie

Kelly snaps a finger in my face. I must be staring again. I sigh, Cedric Diggory. Man of my dreams, but will never notice me. I tried out for Quiditch and was told I made it... maybe he'll talk to me there.

        I really hope he gets picked for the Triwizard Tournament...yet I don't. It'll be a great honor to Hufflepuff. I sigh as Kelly and I go back to the common room. I grab my book, and climb under the covers. "Night, Kel." I say and close my eyes, my book close in case I cant fall asleep.

        ~

        After classes and some homework time in the common room, I go down to the Great Hall for dinner...and the announcements. I don't see Kelly. She's probably finishing her homework real quick. I sit at a partially empty part of a table and leave the seat next to me open for Kel.

        Cedric walks in, paler than normal. He walks past his friends, and as a wonderful surprise, sits in the seat that was for Kelly. Right next to me. Does he actually know I excist? Is he finally noticing me, or going to use me as a barf bag? I shudder and silently laugh at the last thought.

        I gently tap his shoulder, see his nervousness. He turns around and half-heartidly smiles. Butterflies swirl in my stomach. Keep your cool, Charlie. "Are you nervous?" I decide to ask. He sighs and turns all the way towards me.

        "I suppose so, yeah. A bit anxious, too." He says. "Don't worry. If you get picked, it'll be a great honor and I'm positive you'd win." I say, trying to stay on the bright side. He smiles bigger. "Thanks, Charolette."

        He knows my name? Not just my nickname, Charlie? He actually knows I excist?

        Dumbledore clears his throat and stands next to the goblet. "Viktor Krum." Is all I hear. Cedric's hand is suddenly in mine. It's so warm, and...welcoming almost. As if you can feel welcomed by just a hand holding yours. I guess.

        "Fleur Delacor." Is all I hear this time. Hogwarts is next. His grip gets tighter on my hand, and I blush. "Cedric Diggory."

        All the Hufflepuffs erupt into cheers and whooping. I jump up, probably just as excited as Cedric. He pumps a fist in the air, and in the chaos of excitement, hugs me tight. I probably look like a tomato.

        "Harry Potter...?" Dumbledore's voice says over the dying Hufflepuff crowd. We sit back down, and Cedric's hand finds mine again. I feel my cheeks burn, but I pay no attention to that. Poor fourth year, he looks terrified. Some mean older year probably put his name in as a joke.