Chapter 24: A Kunoichi of The Leaf

THIRD-PERSON POV:

"This..." Hinata finally spoke after a long pause.

Recovery Girl's stare at her disheartens.

"It's no big deal." Hinata averted from the file and smiled with closed eyes. She loosened her tensed hand and returned the paper to Recovery Girl. "There must've been a mistake. I feel fine." She stands up from her seat.

Recovery Girl looks up at her. Wavering in thought for a moment. "Just to make things sure dear, want me to run you some tests?..." Recovery Girl offered. She can't hide her concerned look.

"B-But it's late already, I don't want to cause you any trouble..." Hinata yelped and wagged her arms to say no.

"Oh, don't worry child. I'm an experienced pro. I've been through sleepless nights." Recovery Girl replied. "Don't tell me you're afraid of needles." a sincere giggle came out of her.

"Not really," Hinata answered politely.

"Then there's no problem." Recovery Girl pushed her wheeled office chair backward and rummaged her fingers through an open closet. "Ah, here," she says. "Change into this gown, Hinata. There's a room available there beside you." She ushered.

Hinata nodded. "O-Okay..."

[The next day - morning class in UA]

HINATA'S POV:

"The Sports Festival is coming," Aizawa announced.

"Aizawa-sensei is still in bandages... shouldn't he rest?" I thought.

"YEAH!!!!" Everyone yelled.

I looked around. Some jumped off of their chairs in excitement. Even Bakugou has a fiery glint in his eyes. Todoroki who always has a straight face can't completely hide his pumped-up spirit.

What... is... happening?

Everybody is talking to each other, full of vigor.

"Uhm..." I turned to ask Bakugou who's just beside me. "What about the sports festival that everyone is suddenly happy...?" My voice slightly shakes as I approached him.

The room abruptly turned quiet.

"WHAT!!??..." they all synced. Bakugou was the loudest.

"You have no clue, Hinata!?" Mina appeared behind me.

"You live in a cave or something? It's a worldwide famous event!" Kaminari bounced to join.

"It's where you can beat people's ass in front of an audience." Bakugou inserted.

"It's when you get a chance to shine and sparkle, be noticed by pro-heroes, mademoiselle."Aoyama stared at me, glittering.

"O-Okay...I think I've grasped what it means." I answered.

[Lunch Time]

I tagged along with Uraraka, Deku, and Iida for lunch.

Uraraka's so quiet after the burst of excitement a while back.

Iida and Deku are talking about their goals regarding the festival.

"What about you?"

I snapped. "Yes?" I said.

"I mean Uraraka... what's driving you to win in the festival," Deku asked shyly. He's blushing... must have feelings for Uraraka.

"Money." She bluntly replied.

The three of us froze for a moment.

"I know, you guys have such honorable ambitions. I know it's a bit greedy of me, but please don't think low of me." Uraraka speed-talked sheepishly avoiding our eye contact, rubbing the back of her head.