the dream

"He is late." thought Ashley as she was waiting for Eddie. "I just hope everything is alright with him. I just hope that thing isn't near him." "Hey, Ashley. Eddie Brock is here, do I send him in?" asked one of her assistants as he opened the door to her office. " YES. Yes, thank you William." William nodded his head and left to tell Brock he may enter, he left the door open. Ashley waited in silence for Eddie. "Eddie Brock, dr. Ashley will now see you." Ashley heard William say, then she heard footsteps walking towards her office. "Sorry, i didn't mean to be this late." said Eddie as he entered her office and closed her door. "That's okay, Eddie. I'm not angry, I'm happy to see how well you look." she said as she gave him a heart warming smile. Eddie stopped for a moment as he didn't expect that cute smile from her, so he gave her an awkward one in return and sat down on a chair in front of her desk. "After you got rid of the symbiote, you don't look so tired anymore, it's a good start for you." "Heh, I may not look like it, but I feel like I'm dying of tiredness. Er, it's so hard for me to get used to being a normal man again, or as it would say, to be back to my old body. To think it took me three minutes to swing here when I was with it, but now it takes me almost an hour to get here. I don't have a car, a job or even comfortable shoes to walk in." said Eddie as he looked at the floor. "Do you regret not being with it anymore?" "God no, it can go to hell! I just hope when Peter finds it, he will destroy it, kill it, and that it stays dead! And, and, and when it realises that he doesn't love it like it loves him" Eddie said with a harsh tone in his voice. "Eddie? You're not making sense." "WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" Shouted Eddie at Ashley as he stood up from the chair he was sitting on. "HOW IT TAUNTED ME HOW I WAS WORSE THAT PETER, HOW IT SAID I WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HIM!" "Eddie, please--." "PLEASE WHAT?" interrupted Eddie as he was furious. Eddie looked into Ashley's eyes and saw how scared she was, scared of him. "I-I'm sorry." said Eddie as he sat back down. "What is going on?! Is everything alright, Ashley?! Shouted William as he opened the door to Ashley's office. "Everything is okay, William. You can go." "Are you sure? We all heard this- this monster scream at you." "HE IS-- he is not a monster. He is Eddie Brock, a man. A good man." said Ashley. She looked at Eddie that was now hiding his face in his hands. "But we already called the police." said William as he was still standing at the doorway. "Then that's your problem that you need to handle." "Fine, I was just worried about you, that's all." said William as he closed the door and left. "He's right. I'm a monster." said Eddie as he was still hiding his face in his hands. "That's not right, William doesn't see the progress that you've made like i do." said Ashley as Eddie pulled his face from his hands. "But that outburst is something we need to talk about, Eddie. What did you mean by it taunting you?" "Heh. I always tried to not think about it, but it was no use. It loved Peter more than me, I'm not even sure it loved me at all. So when I was venom, when I fought Peter, it kept whispering in my mind how it loved him more than me. It was like, you will never be as strong as Peter, there's our true host, we will abandon you when our true host accepts us back, you are nothing compared to him. This made me hate Peter even more, I needed to get rid of him if I wanted to keep it, that's how I thought back then. But the thing that has haunted me for a long time is that i one time defeated Peter, I mean Peter was in bad shape and he was nothing but blood. After a long fight, i managed to break one of his legs, he lay there on a rubble of rocks ready for me to kill him, he was helpless. But he was still conscious. I remembered how I pulled his mask off him, how his face was bloody. And as I looked into his eyes, I saw that he had accepted his fate, he knew he was gonna die by my hands. I was gonna slit his throat with my clawed hand, but then it happened. I felt many emotional emotions, I started to feel like I wanted to cry, and I wanted to embrace him. I felt like I needed to tell him that I was sorry for what I did to him. This horrendous encounter ended with me swimming away from Peter, I was fleeing from these feelings. But I now know it was it not wanting to kill Peter, it's true host. The point is, at that moment I felt how much it loves that man, how it cares for him." Eddie said as he finished his story. "Eddie, that's a lot to take in." said Ashley as she didn't know how to digest what Eddie had just told her. "Yeah, I was a fool not accepting it sooner, that it was just using me. Even Kasady knew it." said Eddie with a sad tone in his voice. "Don't be sad, Eddie. Everyone has a second chance." Ashley said as she smiled at Eddie. "I'm going to get something to drink, I'll be right back" said Ashley as she stood up and walked to the door of her office. "Yeah, okay." whispered Eddie as Ashley left to get something to drink. "Please, Pete. kill it." thought Eddie as he looked out the window of Ashley's office.