part 10

The next day was spent similar to the day before, except for the fact that I couldn't sleep at all.

She never left my mind all night long.

It was my turn to get some beer bottles from the supermarket. Yup, we're taking turns now.

I reluctantly put my shirt and shorts on and decided to go shopping with my slippers on.

Yeah, I'm that lazy.

I drove and it took me only five minutes to get there. I stepped out of the car to be hit by the flaming sun.

I really do hate the sun.

I walked through the corridors of the supermarket looking for my favorite beer. I kept searching for it with an absent mind as if I was looking for something else, until I made a turn and saw the man I was hoping to see.

Izzie's father.

I hurried behind him as I called "Mr. Brooks! Wait up!"

He turned around to look at me with a smile "oh hey Harry! Nice to see you son."

Mr. Brooks is like a father to me and I really like him. I replied "you too Mr. Brooks."

I paused before I asked "um, may I ask. How is Izzie, is she okay? She seems not herself lately."

He raised his white thick eyebrows in surprise "have you asked her this question before asking me? Are you even still together?"

I answered "yes, I love her so much that I really care about her. But she won't tell me what's on her mind no matter how much I'd ask her. So I thought you'd know something."

He shook his head "no, not really son." he sighed "look Harry, just give her some space. Just for a while. I know she'll come back to herself. Don't worry too much, alright?"

I nodded "uh, how much space do you mean?"

He answered "give her time, let's say a week. That'd be it."

He paused before he shot a warm smile, his blue eyes never leaving my face as he said, his voice rough and steady "now, will you excuse me son? I have to go. Nice to see you again."

I nodded again with a smile "you too. Have a nice day Mr. Brooks."

Then he left. A week wouldn't affect me, right? I really didn't know how to answer that.

__________

Dr. Shepherd explained to my mum and sister "he has a blood clot in one of his veins that's blocking blood from going to his brain properly."

My genious sister finished in a question "so he needs another brain surgery?"

I bet she nodded her head as she said with sadness in her voice "unfortunately yes, but it will be a minor one, nothing to be worrying about."

My mum replied as I felt her hand running through my long curls "I just want my baby to wake up."

Someone left, not my mum because her hand was still on my hair. She was crying. My mum was crying so hard that made my heart shatter to a million pieces.

I heard the BP of my heart on the monitor, it was increasing quickly and I couldn't breathe anymore.

I felt like I was on fire.

I heard the door open again with the voice of Dr.Shepherd filling the room "get a crash cart right now! Somebody get them out of here please!"

My mum's hand left my hair and heard more faint footsteps over the sound of my blood pounding against my ears.

I heard the metal clinging beside me before she added "he's coding!"

I guess she said that to someone who asked what the hell was going on. Stupid interns.

"Charge 150, clear!"

My chest flew in the air as the cold metals on it sent electrifying shocks to my heart, but still, I couldn't feel anything.

Is this what death feels like?

"Charge 200, clear!"

Yeah I definitely felt that. Ouch!

"We've got him."

She paused before she said slowly to me "and you, stop coding or you'll kill yourself."

It's not like I can control it doc!

I heard my mum as Dr.Shepherd walked away, she was repeating the same two words as she rushed over to me,

"My baby, my baby..."

Her forehead was pressed to mine as she continued to brush my hair with her fingers.

Hot tears fell from her eyes and onto my cold skin as I thought to myself

Please mum, stop crying I'm okay..

God, what could happen to her if I really die?

She'd be devastated.

A/N: All the love XX