Chapter 57

False's POV

"What. Happened"

"I... I don't know sir"

"I'LL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED! " The Watcher before me screams "NOT ONLY DID THE MISSION FAIL COMPLETELY, THEREFORE PUTTING OUR VERY BEING AT RISK, WE'VE JUST LOST THE PRIME WATCHER!"

"Wh-what?! They weren't the one I stabbed... were they?"

"No, but they gave up their immortality to be with the one you killed. The one who sacrificed herself to save Xelqua, who, may I remind you, YOU WERE SECONDS AWAY FROM STABBING!"

"I-"

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"I lost my temper sir." I lie. "At least Xelqua wasn't killed."

"If that woman hadn't interfered he would have been! You were too close there Xyah. One more slip up and you can join her in the afterlife."

I feel myself pale slightly, trying not to tremble. Thankfully I don't. Showing fear always makes the situation worse, I had to learn that the hard way.

"We need to wait at least another 6 months before we can try this again. You're lucky you weren't killed this time around. I can't guarantee you'll have that luck again."

Hels / Emmett's POV

"Wh- why are we in the Nether?"

I've been so distracted by the way the fiery dimension now looks, I didn't notice that BadTimes was waking up.

"You passed out from magic-overuse. This was the safest place to go"

Sitting up, he stretches his arms and Vex wings sleepily.

"Ok let's get going-"

"Hey hey hey! You haven't eaten in ages! Self care comes before anything else." I insist, pushing a messily made breakfast toward him.

"Where did you get pork?"

"Massive pig things. And then I stole a bowl off of some kind of pig-person."

"A zombie pig-man?"

"No... it was different. It was brown, and had tusks."

"Oh my god... The Nether updated!"

"Congratulations for figuring it out. Would you like a Nobel Prize?"

"Shut up." BadTimes sighs, before choking.

"This is disgusting" he mumbles "No offence"

"I know. I think it's my cooking, not the pork itself. But if you get food poisoning I'm letting the pig take the blame."

This makes the Vexling snicker, before he breaks down into giggles again. I smile a little, before BadTimes sees me looking at him and stops, awkardly avoiding my gaze.

"S-sorry, I hate my laugh"

"I think it's cute."

BadTimes chokes again, and I can't tell if he's blushing or if he's going red from coughing.

"We uh... we should find Xisuma and explain ourselves before someone else sees us." He mumbles

"Yeah... fair point. Let's go!"

"So... how are we supposed to know where Xisuma is?"

"I have no clue. There's parts of this plan that I really didn't think about, aren't there?"