•Chapter 6

O C T A V I A

O C T A V I A

The next five minutes felt like the longest time, I was frozen in my seat. I knew i had to see my dad and Valentino i didn't expect it to be this soon.

My brothers all had huge grins plastered on their faces and ran to the living room where dad was, i hadn't heard Valentino so i presumed he was still out. 

I calmed my nerves down, the five minutes were defiantly up by now meaning my old man was sitting in the living room not expecting his daughter that went missing 14 years ago to be here.

Calmly i walked towards the door of the front room, all my brothers except Nicolo sat in front of dad who had his back to me at the time. He was rambling something to them, until Matteo smiled widely at me causing him to turn around. 

I froze.

He froze.

The silence was suffering.

"Oh mio dio" he whispered looking at me

[oh my god]

Everyone else was gone, at that moment in time it was just me and my dad. The person i will always look up to and admire, no matter what.

My breathing increased as he stood looking at me, his eyes releasing tears he probably didn't realise. 

Does he not want me here?

G E O R G I O

Home, the only place that i could relax and not be the don of the Italian mafia. A place i could be my self. 

The proudness boomed through me as i view my son's in front of me, all of them making me proud for separate reasons. They're the light of this dark world, the sun to my rain. Just like my daughter.