Chapter 2

This part is short. Sort of a little filler 

                                            *            *            *            *

Keira and I were going out tonight. I had called her up as soon as I got home from the hectic day and requested her presence with me at Club Ruby. I hadn’t seen her since her mother’s wedding, so a girls day was surely over due.

I was a little surprised Bryce let me head home early. I was half expecting him to make a comment about my encounter with Adrian but he said nothing. He was almost cold when he returned to the office. It was strange considering how affectionate he was in the elevator. I brushed all thoughts of Bryce to the back of my mind and started running a warm bubble bath for myself. I hadn’t found the time to have one of these since I got my bathroom remodeled so I figured now was a good time as any other. I undressed and dipped myself in slowly as the soothing water tickled my senses. Once I was fully in I leaned my head back and let the moment carry me away.

Keira would be arriving soon to pick me up so I had to hustle to get ready. I left my hair to air dry, opting for my big natural spiral curl texture for the evening. I pulled out a cobalt blue form fitting strapless dress and nude pumps. It was simple but still made a statement. I lightly dusted some makeup onto my face deciding on a Smokey eye and glossed lips.  I clipped on my silver chandelier earrings and chunky silver bracelet while giving myself a once over. It was perfect.

Within moments Keira called and I headed downstairs to meet her. She was driving her sisters all black Toyota, which finally got a wash. I flashed her a smile when her mouth dropped as I approached. This was going to be a good night I could feel it.

“Hey Hun, Can we get two shots of your best tequila!?” Keira yelled to the bartender as he nodded in her direction

“So glad we get to do this tonight.” I said as my hips swayed to the music.

“You and I both girl! And its pretty packed tonight which is always a good sign” she responded matching my moves as we waited for the bartender to slide us the shots.

He slid them to us and we each dropped $20 on the counter for him to take. He winked at Keira and told her it was on the house. Money saved! I thought to myself as we both took back our cash and gripped the glasses.

“Ok 1… 2… 3!” she counted off and within seconds we chugged it back. It burned as it slid down my throat making me feel warm inside. A few more of these and I would be as good as gone. We sucked the lime and cringed at the sour after taste. She ordered two more and just like before we chugged those back anticipating the feeling.

Everyone watched as we danced seductively with each other completely letting go of all inhibitions. I swayed my hips as Keira gripped onto my hips matching me in every turn. I held onto her wrist and turned her around so her back was to me as we gyrated onto one another. We were drunk. Definitely drunk. If it wasn’t for the warm hands on my hips I was sure we would start making out completely oblivious to everything. Wait hands?! The hands on my hips stunned me and gently tugged me from Keira. He tightened his grip and leaned into the nape of my neck and whispered into my ear.

“Fancy meeting you here” his voice was familiar. His accent was undeniably unforgettable. I snapped my head around only to see Adrian’s icy blue eyes studying me. Amused shock filled my eyes as I reached around his neck to hug him

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked trying my damndest to sound coherent. “I didn’t know you liked to dance” I said releasing from his grasp, he seemed reluctant to let go

“A couple of the guys from work wanted a night out. So tonight’s spot is here. We change it up every week” he said flashing his gorgeous smile “Don’t worry I’m not following you sweetheart” his accent was incredibly endearing.

“A guys night how fun.” I said jokingly. Was Bryce here too? I wanted to ask who he came with but I found myself dreading the response.

Keira noticed I had stopped and turned to face me when she saw Adrian before me. She winked at me and headed over to the bar. Most likely to seduce her way out of a few more free shots from the sexy bartender who had been eyeing her all night.

I commenced dancing, taunting Adrian with my motions as I dipped and rolled my hips. He smiled a sheepish smile and grabbed my hand to include him in my show. We were in close proximities. His hands were fastened securely on my hips and he pulled me impossibly closer to him when I titled my head back towards his shoulders. A low moan escaped his lips as our bodies moved like music, so in sync.  He spun me around to face him and gripped me tenderly as he closed the gap between us our faces an inch apart. I met his gaze. He was studying me, his eyes never left mine but the intensity of the movement pushed me to look away.  When the music stopped I released his hold on me and escaped to Keira. I wasn’t running, I just didn’t want to do foolish things because I was drunk.

I had a few more shots, stupid I know. It was way past 3am and I had to return to work in the morning. Keira was completely trashed and the bartender, Nathan, had offered to get her home safely. For some reason I trusted that he would. He offered to take me home, however Keira and I lived on opposite ends of town and it would be too much of an imposition. Instead I called a cab and waited patiently for it to arrive.

“Did you need a ride home sweetheart?” his accent, so thick, alerted me it was him before I even saw his figure.

“No that’s alright Adrian.” I said shuffling in my purse for my phone. “I called a cab a little while ago, it should be here shortly”

“Nonsense. I’ll drop you home.” He said taking my hand in his, refusing to take no for an answer “Save your money, I’ll take you”

I smiled innocently and obliged since I was already up on my feet following his lead. The ride was silent, maybe because I completely knocked out in his car. It was the deepest sleep I had ever had and it went uninterrupted. Tonight was definitely a good night.